Corsair Community

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB at DDR3-1066 speeds

DeathBooger

I'm currently waiting for my new PC hardware to arrive. I was wondering what the recommended settings are before I overclock my system to reach the rated DDR-1333 speeds.

I was wondering what the recommended settings for DDR3-1066 are since that is the speed the Core i7 920 defaults to. Is it still 1.5v with 9-9-9-24 timings or can I get better latency at the lower frequency?

Also, I was curious if I increased voltage to the maximum of 1.65v if I could squeeze out a little more speed so I could possibly overclock my Core i7 920 higher than 3.3Ghz with a more aggressive BCLK setting.

Thanks.

You should be able to run at 7-7-7-20 or even 6-7-6-18 at 1066MHZ 1.65v. 6-6-6-18 may be pushing the limits but wouldn't hurt to try. Another option would be to OC the base FSB from 133 to 166MHz, this will make the Memory frequency to end up at 1333MHz and run the spec'd timings of 9-9-9-24.

Forgot to mention, bumping the base FSB to 166 will result with the CPU at 3.3Ghz and you may need to bump the CPU voltage to 1.35v. If it fails to boot, lower the CPU multi to 19 or 18.

Yes, I plan on overclocking the BCLK to achieve the rated 1333Mhz speed since it is easily done with the 920 processor. I was just curious if the people at Corsair had official recommended settings for 1066MHz in case I do not overclock right away. I'm still waiting for aftermarket heatsinks to be available to buy.

Also, the 920 has a locked multiplier, but it easily overclocks to 3.3GHz on the stock voltages with a BLCK of 166MHz.

Archived