Corsair Community

• Corsair Employee

Let's talk about the daunting topic, overclocking 🕓 this subject is often talked about when people start building PC's.

Did you decide to overclock your computer and if so, what did you find most difficult?

For my seasoned overclockers, do you have any tips & tricks 🗒️ for first-timers?

And for anyone that decided not to overclock their computer, what had turned you away from it 🤔

image.thumb.png.d98836b088afe9335b0a10155a698a97.png

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Something that I don't see anymore from Overclockers is that fact that software overclocking is never better than BIOS overclocking. Also something to consider, is that Overclocking doesn't like more than 2 RAM sticks when you have Dual Channel DIMMS. I always used the same RAM sticks to avoid conflicts. When I used the single channel DIMMS back in the days, I had no problem with more than 2 RAM sticks. But once I had to get in the DUAL CHANNEL things were not so good anymore. Imagine getting an all core 4.4 GHz with 2 sticks on an 3900X with just 1.296 Volts and the minute you add 2 more Sticks, the computer keeps crashing? And I know the RAM sticks were fine because I tried both pairs separately and the OC works fine.