Corsair Community

H115i pro + Case compatibility question

vexed

Hi All,

Just a quick question to pick someones brains as after doing my own browsing on google im still no closer to an answer.

I'm trying to upgrade my friends aging system from an old H80i which is reaching the end of its lifespan and is unable to move up to using iCue software since it sends his cooler fan speeds to max even on silent profile with Icue unless he uses the old corsair link software and removes iCue fully.

He originally built the system using an I5 3500k with 16gb of corsair veng lpx ram with a gigabyte z77-d3h board. He has recently upgraded his psu from an old corsair GS600 to a RMx 650 and a 1060 but the aging pump and numerous issues with it are starting to show.

I've looked on corsairs old case site for the obsidian 500D he is using - here https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/Obsidian-Series%E2%84%A2-550D-Mid-Tower-Quiet-Case/p/CC-9011015-WW

But it states the H115i pro is not compatibile but 280mm rads are. is this data just out of date or is this accurate and will not be able to fit inside the case for a reason (clearance i would assume)

I would hate for him to buy the new cooler and it wouldn't fit and why i am asking here if anyone knows or can shed some light on the subject

Many Thanks

- Vex

I've looked on corsairs old case site for the obsidian 500D he is using - here https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/Obsidian-Series%E2%84%A2-550D-Mid-Tower-Quiet-Case/p/CC-9011015-WW

But it states the H115i pro is not compatibile but 280mm rads are. is this data just out of date or is this accurate and will not be able to fit inside the case for a reason (clearance i would assume)

No, it doesn't say that the H115i PRO is not compatible - it doesn't say anything at all, one way or another, about the compatibility. Absence of compatibility info is not necessarily evidence of incompatibility. Corsair lists the compatible models at the time of the case's release and never seems to update them.

It does say that the H110 - an older model Corsair 280mm cooler - is compatible and the radiator size is pretty close - you should be fine.

Thanks Devbiker i figured it would be fine

Be sure to double check.. the h115i PRO rad is a bit longer than the other h115i rads (or other 240mm rads).

I had to completely change out my configuration (in a R5 case because while the 115i PRO looked the same to my previous corsair, the pro rad is 315mm vs 312mm.. those 3mm made the 115i Pro not fit in the same spot.).

I like the cooling of the 115i PRO, so now I am shopping for a case (looking at the 500D too) but am being extra careful so as not to have another issue of WTF like when I was installing the 115i Pro into my R5 Case

Be sure to double check.. the h115i PRO rad is a bit longer than the other h115i rads (or other 240mm rads).

I had to completely change out my configuration (in a R5 case because while the 115i PRO looked the same to my previous corsair, the pro rad is 315mm vs 312mm.. those 3mm made the 115i Pro not fit in the same spot.).

I like the cooling of the 115i PRO, so now I am shopping for a case (looking at the 500D too) but am being extra careful so as not to have another issue of WTF like when I was installing the 115i Pro into my R5 Case

Hi dbcher,

I've checked that the dimensions would fit and it should do and worst case scenario is to move his dvd drive one down or even remove it entirely :laughing: so hopefully things should fit without issue. i just wanted some clarification before he purchased it and have to battle with the retailer to send it back for a refund

Archived