Corsair Community

Reset HD120 fans?

Poofcakes

Hello,

I got a new PSU last week, and moved around some of the wires in my motherboard. Ever since then, my 2 HD120 case fans that came with my SPEC-OMEGA RGB case have not been working anymore. They're both hooked up to the RGB hub which is connected to the Lightning Node Pro, as is my case.

In iCUE, it looks like this, and this setup always worked for me.

LVXHDoW.png

But the fans do not respond to the settings in iCUE whatsoever. One of the fans has 4 blue lights on and the other has 1 green light, no matter what hole I plug them into in the hub or in what order.

I believe it all started when I tried putting in my 2 case fans and my 2 cooler fans in the RGB hub and none of them would light up (probably because only 2 fans were configured in iCUE but I don't remember if I thought of changing that at the time). Then I probably messed around with stuff and broke things, I genuinely have no idea.

So far I've reinstalled iCUE and Corsair Link a billion times (the latter I never even used before but I hoped I could get something out of it). Tried force updating the firmware of all my devices multiple times. Tried hard-resetting the LNP with a paperclip in the hole through some youtube video, which did not work for me at all and instead ended up causing a "unrecognized usb" warning everytime my PC started up, I then did the paperclip thing again and it went away. Also tried plugging the case fans into the RGB header on my motherboard, which I think caused them to now have this 'bricked' light pattern.

Something weird is when I swap swap around the 2 cords in the LNP, my case thinks that it's my case fans or something and will have one red and one green light as in the screenshot above.

When plugging my cooler fans into the rgb hub, they do light up mostly correct, but not fully correct as its not correctly configured in iCUE.

So in the end my question is if I can reset the configuration that is on my case fans somehow? Or does anyone know another solution to my problem? I haven't been able to find anyone with my issue through googling so far.

• Corsair Employee

Hey Poofcakes,

Which AIO fans did you combine with the 2 HD Fans from the case? The RGB Fan HUB can only recognize one series of fans at a time (i.e. all LL fans or all HD fans only). If you have different series fans connected it could cause some problems.

It sounds like the HD fans may have broke in which case you'll want to file a ticket on our support page.

Hey Poofcakes,

Which AIO fans did you combine with the 2 HD Fans from the case? The RGB Fan HUB can only recognize one series of fans at a time (i.e. all LL fans or all HD fans only). If you have different series fans connected it could cause some problems.

It sounds like the HD fans may have broke in which case you'll want to file a ticket on our support page.

Yeah I only connected them for a tiny bit since initially when reconnecting the wires, the RGB wires on the fans said 'put in RGB hub' so I wanted to see what would happen. Do you think that combination broke the HD fans in that moment?

The AIO is Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM SE V2.