Corsair Community

Installing an additional SSD

Restech

I have the Vengeance 5185 that came with the 550gb SSD and a 2gb HDD. Can I install an additional SSD ( a third one ) ? I was going to dedicate this third SSD for Microsoft's new flight sim MS 2020 just released . Installation looks easy enough but I'm not overly hardware savvy but have done some major component changes . I have the Z390-Micro-ATX board . PC was purchased September 2019 . Edited by Restech

I have the Vengeance 5185 that came with the 550gb SSD and a 2gb HDD. Can I install an additional SSD ( a third one ) ? I was going to dedicate this third SSD for Microsoft's new flight sim MS 2020 just released . Installation looks easy enough but I'm not overly hardware savvy but have done some major component changes . I have the Z390-Micro-ATX board . PC was purchased September 2019 .

did it come with the nvme drive installed? looks like there is a slot for a m.2 drive which would be easier to install than putting in a sata ssd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
The Vengeance 5185 comes with a M.2 SSD and a 2GB hard drive. The motherboard should have a slot (below the graphics card) for another M.2 drive or you could install another 2.5" SATA SSD in the hard drive bay (you'll likely need another SATA data cable if you do this). The second M.2 may be the easiest install path.