Corsair Community

2x K65s flickering

Raw890

Hello, I recently purchased a K65 RGB Lux and noticed it flickering. I did some troubleshooting but gave up and exchanged it for another which is doing the same thing.

However, it does not flicker on static colors. It flickers to red usually on a few random keys 1-3 times a minute.

My current system is using an Asus Maximus VIII Hero motherboard with all of the recent drivers. The other system was a W7 x64 laptop.

I've tried CUE 1 & 2 software programs (up to date) separately on both systems with clean installs on firmware 2.05.

I've tried turning off 16.8M color option

I've tried every single USB port and combination possible on both systems.

I've checked both motherboard USB and power settings for USB.

I've tried every polling rate

I've tried forcing the firmware update

I've tried multiple profiles, speeds, brightness, everything

The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the firmware unless I've gotten 2 bad keyboards back-to-back.

What's the most perplexing to me is that it's happening on the stock "rainbow wave" and "spiral rainbow" profiles on all speeds / directions. I've tried "Electricity" and "Outerspace" without any adjustments for the K65 and they flicker as well.

No overlapping profiles.

The groups of keys that are mostly experiencing the flicker issue are caps lock, a, s, d, and 0, p, ' along with r, f, c, and u, j, n and so more. It's nearly the entire keyboard.

They all flicker once quickly to red and go back to normal.

I agree, I waited for the LUX specifically to go on sale because of the early model issues.

The first keyboard came from Best Buy's online store, which was probably pulled from their in-store inventory, the next came from in-store off of the shelf.

I will be returning it tomorrow and waiting for a K70 to go on sale on Corsair's website.

Thank you for your assistance. :)

I agree, I waited for the LUX specifically to go on sale because of the early model issues.

The first keyboard came from Best Buy's online store, which was probably pulled from their in-store inventory, the next came from in-store off of the shelf.

I will be returning it tomorrow and waiting for a K70 to go on sale on Corsair's website.

Thank you for your assistance. :)

could be 2 bad keyboards in the batch if you got them from the same place.

I believe that is the case, I noticed my first keyboard sitting on a table in the back and asked if I could see it. Turns out they were from the same batch.

I will likely purchase a K70 LUX w/ MX Reds if they go on sale soon.

Archived