Corsair Community

SF750 Supply?

daryth84

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
Pushing this back up, hoping for a reply. Would love to pick one up, just gonna give scalpers any money.

Back in stock, where?

I feel like you should be asking your reseller this question and not Corsair.

The SF750 is under normal production and shipping as usual.

I mean... on Corsair's side of things, I see a couple thousand in the EU warehouse and over 4K in America.

Hi jonnyguru,

your post seems to imply you have access to actual warehouse stock numbers. So if it is, like you say, available then why is it listed as unavailable on Corsaris own EU/US sites?

https://www.corsair.com/de/de/Kategorien/Produkte/Netzger%C3%A4te/Hochleistungs-Netzger%C3%A4te/SF-Series/p/CP-9020186-EU

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/SF-Series/p/CP-9020186-NA

Also it is sold out at literally every retailer I have access to online or otherwise, EU or overseas. Even on Ebay you only find a few of them. To me it just seems highly implausible that it "is shipping as usual". It clearly is not. At least not for the last couple of months.

So the question still stands. As today I can only buy used ones at 3x the price or from obscure 3rd rate sellers when can I buy one from Corsair or "actual" retailers? A rough approximation would be ok I guess. Like, will be in stock again within...

- 2-6 weeks

- 1-3 months

- never

... or anything in between. Shouldn't be hard to do.

Also if boxes are sitting in warehouses in the thousands but none are actually deliverable then it seems likely someone at Corsair at least has an idea why that is and probably also when the situation will end.

At the end of the day nobody gains anything from warehouse stock availability if all of it is from batch 1953 and probably written off. IDK if it is, but do you?

No, I don't really expect Corsair to reply to this thread. I'm just motivated to reply to comments like yours which seems so blissfully cavalier when the question the OP asks can so easily be validated in less than a minute using the search engine of your choice.

Edited by peter parker

• Corsair Employee

No, I don't really expect Corsair to reply to this thread. I'm just motivated to reply to comments like yours which seems so blissfully cavalier when the question the OP asks can so easily be validated in less than a minute using the search engine of your choice.

Cavalier?

Yes. I do have access to those numbers. I work for Corsair. Not in any of the warehouses, mind you. I don't know where the units are shipping, but they are shippipng. Asking in Corsair forums isn't going to get you a definitive answer as I don't believe anyone booking the orders is wasting their time in here. Probably enjoying their Christmas holiday, to be perfectly honest.

The PSU isn't available on the webstore because it's not automatically allocated to the webstore if it's in a warehouse. That wouldn't be fair to retailers... or customers... would it?

I mean... let's say there's 1000 in stock at Corsair. Say Best Buy has an order for 750, but Corsair has 500 web orders. What happens next? Tell Best Buy they can only have 500? Cancel 250 of the webstore orders?

Seriously.... I don't think someone is naive to not know how supply chain works, but to call me "cavalier"? LOL! What the heck is that all about?

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee

Anyway... the problem seems to be that they're simply selling faster than stores can get them in stock. For example, when I checked on RM750x for the UK yesterday, there were none. But there were A BUNCH of RM650x and RM850x in stock. Turns out, every one of those RM750x's were at some outfit called "Novatech".

Orders are filled first come, first serve. And retailers aren't very patient, I've found. Especially for "commodity" items like power supplies. It's sad, but I've found that if they're ready to place an order for 1000 Corsairr widgets and Corsair doesn't have 1000 widgets, they don't wait for those widgets to come back into stock. They just buy 1000 widgets from another company assuming customers will just buy that other brand instead.

Yes. I do have access to those numbers. I work for Corsair. Not in any of the warehouses, mind you. I don't know where the units are shipping, but they are shippipng. Asking in Corsair forums isn't going to get you a definitive answer as I don't believe anyone booking the orders is wasting their time in here. Probably enjoying their Christmas holiday, to be perfectly honest.

The PSU isn't available on the webstore because it's not automatically allocated to the webstore if it's in a warehouse. That wouldn't be fair to retailers... or customers... would it?

I mean... let's say there's 1000 in stock at Corsair. Say Best Buy has an order for 750, but Corsair has 500 web orders. What happens next? Tell Best Buy they can only have 500? Cancel 250 of the webstore orders?

Well how much more of a proper answer, Thanks!

Kind of drives the point the OP asks home, there is not enough supply to meet demand. Instead of: "I feel like you should be asking your reseller this question and not Corsair". Leaves lots of us still in the same position though.

Seriously.... I don't think someone is naive to not know how supply chain works, but to call me "cavalier"? LOL! What the heck is that all about?

I don't think anyone is wasting their time in here explaining the answers to both questions.

None the wiser regarding the question, I guess I'll keep waiting then.

Im looking for like 2 months now for an opportunity to buy a SF750.

Alternate.de showed for like 1 month now that they expect to get a shipment on 07.01.2021 and that’s why I pulled the trigger on 20.12.2020.

Five Days later they wrote me an email stating that they hopefully receive the shipment on 14.01.2020.

3ftm6qu2.png

Now their page says that they expect to receive the PSUs in 83 Days or 26.03.2021. So I called them today and they confirmed that they will not receive anything until march.

ibo68lmp.png

Something is not right if there are allegedly 1000+ pieces in EU warehouse and none of Corsairs listed vendors (Alternate, Caseking, Conrad, Computeruniverse, Cyberport or Amazon) has a single unit in stock.

Yeah, don't bother. He (jonnyguru) will tell you the situation is normal and their PSUs fly so quickly off the shelves at retailers that even future shipments in 83 days are already sold out today. And of course that's b/c of their sheer super-awesomeness and all the while most people cannot find stock of CPUs or GPUs or anything else to go along with their shiny new PSU. /s

Maybe this explains the situation better than what Corsair has posted here so far:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/buy-your-power-supply-now-while-prices-are-still-acceptable

Especially the 5th paragraph about logistics costs. So maybe there are PSUs in some warehouses but "$nobody" wants to ship them to retailers because "$nobody" is waiting for dropping cargo prices to not lose money. This is pure conjecture of course and I have no idea who "$nobody" in this scenario would be, who would have to bear those costs. Corsair, the retailer or some middle man?

I suppose it was always reasonable to assume the shortages are Corona related (Duh!). However I think it is just sad how some companies deal with the situation with regards to informing the customer.

Reading Corsairs convoluted statements here pretty much leaves me wondering if there is some weird company policy behind it, like: OMG we absolutely cannot tell the customer straight up that we have a) no clue when things get better or b) it'll probably be half a year or more because actually saying that would make customers buy elsewhere NOW instead of keep them waiting and at least MAYBE buy from us later.