Corsair Community

Weird Memory Issues

lcdguy

yaay my first post. here is my problem, btw it is really weird. i have a gigabyte GA7VAXP Ultra board. i recently purchased and additional 512mb of PC-2700 DDR by azen (yes i know not corsair) anyway i installed it and when i log into windows it goes no, and reboots. so i ran memtest and within the first 30 seconds got 2400 errors. so i though bad memory, i was wrong. took my original memory module out, works fine. went back and got another new module, thinking it was an incompatability with memory densitiys, same problem. then i ran the 2 memory sticks in my bros computer. windwos runs perfectly and memtest ran fine. btw the other board is a Asus A7V8X-X bioses are the most current on both boards, and they are both based on a KT400 Chipset. if anyone knows a remedy i would like it if not, then i am replacing the mobo, cpu, and memory with a A64 3000+, MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R, 512mb Kingston PC3200.

• Corsair Employee
Both MB's are single channel and if you use 2 modules you should have them in slots 1-3 and I would set the Dim voltage to +.2 volts or 2.7 Volts and see if that does not solve the problem! In addition, you might try and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 as well!

Archived