Corsair Community

Force GT 120 GB Firmware Update Fails

nickt

Error code ends in 57. Gives me an X on the drive and says fatal error I matched up the file name against the last 5 number of its signature. Disables the Antivirus/firewall. ACHI has always been enabled.

Suggestions? :sunglasse

There are many reasons why your update could fail from.

Check the PDF to see that you have everything setup correctly and use an enviroment different than the OS you have installed in the SSD.

I used a Win7 live cd and it worked out flalessly. It's either that or move the SSD to another system where it is not the boot drive.

Got the same drive and the Drive is the Primary-Boot-Drive (AMD-AM3+-Chipset) that i run CFU from directly (no Live-CD or something else).

!-> I switched driver to Standard Serial-ATA (Microsoft) in Windows 7 device-manager and reboot before.

Then i do the update. That always did it right (1.3.2, 1.3.3, 5.02 and 5.03). Then revert to original chipset-driver and reboot again and you are fine.

According to your PC specs you have the same chipset as I do. So I don't see why you shouldn't be able to update.

If you have your SATA ports with AHCI and have connected you SSD to the lowest numbered SATA port then you really should be able to do it...

Other than trying to do the procedure with a Win7 live cd I would try doing it with no other HDD's connected at the same time... that's the one other thing I can think of that could help you succeed.

Hardware can be tricky sometimes...

jucedogi

I tried taking the drive and installing it to another PC. It must have conflicted with it...

Tell me about the Win 7 Live CD/DVD. I followed the instructions and created one with this link http://www.vikitech.com/8098/create-windows-7-live-cd. However when I go to launch the Corsair Updater from within the Windows 7 Live CD enviornment it says Side by side something failed.

thanks for all the help!

nickt

Archived