Corsair Community

Corsair H115i platinum, Wiring Questions

Jcola

I'm in the process of installing the Corsair H115i Platinum liquid cooler in my new build. I'm using an Asus ROG Maximus XII hero Z490 mother board. I have connected the SATA plug to a SATA Cable from the power supply and I have connected the plugs from the pump to the two fans attached to the cooler. I'm not planning on using the RGB connectors from the fans. However, I have a question about three other connectors that come from the pump. The SATA cord includes a second connector. It looks like a fan connector but it has a single wire in it. Where does this connect to? I'm thinking that it should go to the CPU Fan header.

The next cable from the pump has two plugs on it, one with four pins and the other with 3 pins (picture attached), both plugs have male pins. This one has me entirely stumped as the mother board I'm using has no female plugs on it, other than the SATA ports and a USB port. Where do these go?

178996327_CorsairPlugs.thumb.JPG.e799999fa4d4a8985feec9ad99232aa2.JPG

Viper4060, thank you for replying.

Let's see if I'm clear on this. The one that plugs into the CPU Fan socket is the one that is on the SATA cord with a three pin socket of which only one pin is being used. Correct?

The other 2 four pin sockets I described in my post are for RGB and are not necessary to connect for cooling. Is this correct?

Viper4060, thank you for replying.

Let's see if I'm clear on this. The one that plugs into the CPU Fan socket is the one that is on the SATA cord with a three pin socket of which only one pin is being used. Correct?

The other 2 four pin sockets I described in my post are for RGB and are not necessary to connect for cooling. Is this correct?

You are correct.

• 2 weeks later...
You are correct.

Just upgraded from a h80i to the h115i & the wiring is a little different. for the 3pin (or 1 pin) that connects to mobo, do i still need to change in my mobo settings for that header to disable the auto mode & set it to full power? I didnt see anything in the directions regarding mobo settings, so not sure what this pin does.

You don’t need to worry about disabling CPU fan for the SATA powered coolers. The “1 wire” connector only reports a pump speed to the BIOS. It cannot control any aspect of the cooler. However, I might still set CPU fan to disabled, especially if your BIOS has a fan tuning program you use. In the past, I’ve had it get stuck on the CPU fan header trying to effect control over something it cannot. When disabled it will skip over it.

Can confirm, some mobos will report errors on boot if it can't monitor the CPU fan header properly. It'll be extremely obvious when you boot if yours does! If there's no errors, just leave it.

great, thanks for the info. everything been running fine so i wont mess with the smart fan controls.