Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 and TWINX1024-3200XL PRO

Snakester

I was wondering I have ran memtest and microsofts new memory diagnostic programs on both of my sticks and they both get errors. I just built this system and the board dosn't recognize the 2 2 2 5 settings automaticly so I set them manually at 2 2 2 11. It still gets the memory errors (over 300 on one stick) So this ram is bad then?? Or should I relax timings or something else? HT is at x4 atm to help with stablilty.

Hey Ram Guy :idea: :!: :eek: I was reading what you told another person to set their timings at. I have the Corsair TwinX 3200XLPT ram. Before I had it all relaxed which was set that way by the bios. (plug n frag??) Anyways it would fail in memtest horribly. I then pulled one stick and still failed. Well after setting it to what you told him with the exception of me having 2 2 2 5 @ 2.7 volts and you told him 2 3 2 11 @ 2.7 volts, It dosn't fail memtest anymore. It also seems pretty stable in windows. I'm curious if the ram is bad and I still need to rma it? I mean it won't be stable at stock voltages. Is this normal??

• Corsair Employee
I doubt it's the memory; chances are it's just that this MB is very new and these modules are set very aggressively! Maybe too aggressive for this MB! I would if possible test the modules one at a time on another Mb to be sure!

After I had it set at 2.7 volts I remembered something. So I checked back at this rams stats and sure enough it's tested for 2 2 2 5 at 2.75 volts! Doh Heh I'm sure the ram is good as I have had no problems since raising the voltage. I'll check prime95 and see if that is good as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still in the process of testing it all for stability. Since the ram only goes to 2.7v and this board is very funky about voltages in general. I have had some problems. I can get everything stable at default. I've only ran p95 for 2 hours though. I need to run that longer. However, if I o/c at all 3dmark2k3 won't pass and neither will p95. It's a very touchy board. I wish they had more voltage to the dimms.

Did you run prime 95 with it? How about 3dmark2k3? Also, was it overclocked at all? Even the 208 you get from the performance setting in the bios? The reason I ask is because if I overclock at all I will get failures in p95 and 3dmark. I was thinking it's cause it wouldn't go to 2.8v on the ram. I mean it's speced and tested at 2.75 and this mobo is only capable of 2.7. I can see how the TRCD at 3 might make the difference there. I'll give it ashot and let you know.

Snakester- I hate to tell you this, but I could not get my XL's to run on that board. Not with stability anyway. It'll run Memtest for years with no errors, but that only tests your modules. I want to do more with my computer than see memtest running. Bottom line, i replaced it with the MSI and have been extremely happy. You gotta get different ram, or get rid of that board.

Heh Cim, :) I run stable as hell at stock. P95 is fine so is 3dmark2k3. I was just saying that if you o/c this board at all it starts to get flakey. However there is a new beta bios F4k that let me run stable at the 208 performance settings. I noticed in sisoft though my ram scores dropped 3k so it essentially stopped using my dual channel. Even though on boot it reported running it. But, I am ok with this board. I just want some updated bios's to fix the problems it has.

Archived