Corsair Community

File History (Backup) Issue in Corsair Diagnostics

RFinMD

When I go into Corsair Diagnostics it says my system hasn't been backed up using File History. So when I go and try to do this it says "No usable drive was found." My i200 has the 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD, which obviously has an awful lot of space. It does recommend using an external drive for File History.

So I was like, OK, and clicked on the link to select a network location. This is for home use so I'm not on a work network (if that's what it's talking about).

So given the above, it lets me navigate to my iCloud or OneDrive locations by clicking on "Add network location" and did so—but got "We can't add your network location" for either.

Can someone explain this? If I need to, I'll try using an external drive (presumably a USB flash drive would do, although I don't know how much space I would need and they have a finite amount of space).

Thanks!

Edited by RFinMD

Strange, it should generally work with USB drives if they mentioned external drives as the target drive.

I haven't tried a USB thumb drive yet, just the external Dell optical drive. Will post about that when I try. No response to my open ticket yet. Thanks.