Corsair Community

H150i pro rgb xt red flash on pump

Sp0ket

Hi!

I dont know why but all of a sudden the outer RGB ring on the pump has started to flash red everytime my pc shuts down. Dont know what it indicates or if it indicates something is wrong? Anyone else had the same issue?

Edited by Sp0ket

• Corsair Employee
Hi!

I dont know why but all of a sudden the outer RGB ring on the pump has started to flash red everytime my pc shuts down. Dont know what it indicates or if it indicates something is wrong? Anyone else had the same issue?

Is that the only thing that happens? Did you do an update to any software recently? Contact our team with more info, please, they should be able to help: support.corsair.com

-Art

OK, I have seen this with other LEDs in general. The power lingers for just a split second and one of the LED bulbs (R/G/B) does something of a slow discharge - relatively speaking.

What's your lighting pattern for hardware mode for the cooler? In fade to red if that is the dominant color in your last lighting. However, the few times I have seen it, it was also fade to red and from a rainbow. I don't think it's anything to be worried about, but you can always contact Corsair support. You also can try changing your hardware lighting for the pump LED and see if you get a different result.

The colour is as shown in the video, light purple and white in the center. I dont run icue for pattern only the hardware lighting. I did change the colour today, it was a darker purple/light pink with white center before. Still the same breif red glow.

The only time the rgb pattern would change to red is if the temp hits 70 C and that seems unlikely with cpu 35 C at idle.

Edited by Sp0ket

My H115i Pro would occasionally do this, but it was color dependent. If I was running some version of blue (0/0/255), then it wouldn't because the red LED is already off. However, if the red is being used in some form and it lingers, then that's what you see. You do have some red in the purple color mix. Anyway, your video matches what I used to see when using my Pro and I do not think it represents an issue. Just a quirk.

My H115i Pro would occasionally do this, but it was color dependent. If I was running some version of blue (0/0/255), then it wouldn't because the red LED is already off. However, if the red is being used in some form and it lingers, then that's what you see. You do have some red in the purple color mix. Anyway, your video matches what I used to see when using my Pro and I do not think it represents an issue. Just a quirk.

UPDATE: I changed the colour to 0 255 255 and the issue is the same.