Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2018, 02:18 AM
Neosabre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977447
Neosabre Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Commander Pro Daisy Chaining

Is it true that I can daisy chain 2 or 3 Commander Pro's to each other so that I can run 12-18 Corsair LL120 fans in my new 1000d case? I currently have the 1000d case and 15 LL120 RGB fans. I'll need to daisy-chain (if possible) because my new Rampage VI Extreme motherboard only has 1 USB 2.0 header (which I still think is a bad design choice) and I've heard of some horror stories where the internal NZXT USB 2.0 hub has fried some people's motherboard headers and even stories of some smoking and melting (though I wonder if those stories are true or just overblown tall tales).

I wanted to run 8 in front as air intake, 2 in the rear as exhaust, and 3 (or maybe 6) mounted up top with my Corsair Hydro Series H150i AIO (maybe in push/pull?).

Also, a side question: A bought a 150i AIO cooler for my CPU. It is a 360mm radiator with three 120mm fans. Would I be able to somehow mount this radiator at the top of the 1000d case or are those fan holes strictly for 140mm fans / 420mm radiators? I really don't want to mount a 360mm radiator to the front of the case, especially since I heard the 150i's tubing just barely extends far enough to accomplish this.

I am eventually going to custom hardline the entire loop. I am coming from a CaseLabs TH10 (which is a bit outdated now but was also a gigantic case but they are now out of business so I'm moving everything over to Corsair stuff).

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Neosabre; 10-22-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:55 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977474
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Yes, you can daisy chain CoPro's together. I agree with you that the lack of internal USB 2.0 headers that has become the vogue is a bad design choice! I have an old Z97 motherboard with ... like ... 4 internal headers (it was more than I could use) and I have to say that I do miss them.

For mounting the 360mm radiator, you'll need one of these for the top:
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...y/p/CC-8900177
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...y/p/CC-8900160

And definitely sucks what happened to CaseLabs.

One note: I do have the NZXT internal hub and haven't had a single issue with it at all.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Tags
corsair commander pro, corsair hydro h150i, corsair ll 120, corsair obsidian 1000d, radiator mount options