Corsair Community

Strange Virtuoso Issues

Terminel

Hi everyone,

I've just got my hands on a Virtuoso and all was going well with connection and sound quality etc until I tried to use the mic. :(:

As soon as I plugged it in the headset switched of with but without the melody. I've tried turning it on with the mic, off with the mic etc and it always does the same thing. I have noticed that when I turn it on without the mic the audio prompt says "mic on" which I thought was peculiar.

I've done a clean install of the iCue software and forced a firmware update which was already up to date. I've also browsed these forums and no one seems to have this issue.

Its a real shame, audio quality is great although I had to play around a bit to remove background white noise on Warcraft.

Any ideas? I suspect this is a hardware issue in the headset itself.

Edit: It also does the same thing when wired with USB. Indeed, it switches back on by itself when I remove the mic!

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Terminel
Additional Symptoms

Hey Terminel,

This is definitely a strange issue you're encountering. I recommend getting in touch with our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com as they'll be able to help you troubleshoot and provide any necessary solutions.

In all honesty, I think I'll have to return it as I purchased it from Amazon Warehouse so it is very likely I am not the first person to discover an issue with the headset. I was hoping that there might be an easy fix as I can't justify spending this amount of money on a new out of the box item.

Much appreciated though. :biggrin: