Corsair Community

Temp difference?

reddiamond

I am now the proud owner of a new H80i cooler for 2 weeks, I updated the firmware to 104 as soon as i got it and it ran fine for 1 week but then the corsair link software rufused to start. I got round that by unplugging the usb header until the pc has booted and then plugging it back in and it works, i've read the threads about diff probs and will wait for the new firmware to see if that sorts it.

Anyway the post topic :) what should the difference be between the H80i temp and the cpu temp in corsairlink2 software at 100% cpu after 3 hours, mine is approx 18 degrees as you can see in the pic, is this about normal?

1872922685_tmp100cpu.JPG.f1ede5b119c6eb205335743ce5bf955f.JPG

Looking at the CPU temp I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Previously I would have thought there was a problem myself. But my experience on these forums has taught me otherwise.

Like I said, as you're holding 45C there's really nothing to worry about.

Stress it with IBT and log the temps then. That'll show if there's a problem

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/Ripshod/finalfinal.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/Ripshod/group.jpg

You can't compare one system with another directly, even if the hardware is exactly the same.

I'm running a 1090T and as you can see the temps are pretty close. As the processor gets hotter the difference will grow.

Intel systems are turning out completely different. I do know on some processors Intel have used a rather poor thermal material between the IHS and die. That probably explains the temp difference you are experiencing. But still, nothing to worry about.

The "H80i temp" is the temperature of the coolant, "CPU temp" is the chip itself. It's perfectly normal for them to be different. Under 100% load my CPU is around 70C and my coolant it at around 30c.

Have u delidded and what voltage are you running. Mine runs hot ! But I need like 1.3v just for 4.4ghz and maxes at 85 or so in new prime95 avx. Debating on getting an h80i. May wait for the h90 reviews to surface tho as my case has 140mm rear fan. Are you taking temps from the link software orrreal temp/coretemp as I'm assuming the link software only shows the socket temp. At least that what it looks like since it only shows 1 reading.

The only problem there is IBT is no where near as stressful as Prime95, so thats why the huge temp difference.

I don't know where u heard this. IBT is significantly more stressful than prime95. To the point where if you don't have rock solid load line calibration the voltage will actually go 1 increment higher than it does in prime95. IBT can flag a fault or bsod in say 15 minutes that would take 3 hours for prime95 to error on. II'm talking before avx support was added. Now they're pretty damn close. On ivy CPU's.

The only problem there is IBT is no where near as stressful as Prime95, so thats why the huge temp difference.

Not sure about that, i have been running prime for 2 hours now and my max temp is 55 degrees but after 10 mins of ibt my max was 67 degrees.

1654843406_2hoursprime95.thumb.JPG.cdb8c43e1309ae196553cc50f1fe6b16.JPG

1197001177_IBTveryhigh10passes.thumb.JPG.6074a8dca3119505204ef186241b49cd.JPG

Archived