Corsair Community

CL4 dropping COM to pump - trying to setup SIV

SpeedyV

Hi,

I have been noticing that Corsair Link seems to lose communication with my pump on a regular basis and when I tell it to change fan speeds, they don't change. It also seems to slowly start eating up CPU cycles. I have played with SIV as an alternative before so I decided to go back and set it up in more detail. I have an H110i-GT so I guess I am one of the lucky ones!

Long story short, I am using SIV V5.12. I have set up the links and can see and control the fans, pump speed, and LED just fine. Also set up a nice compact LCD Panel that shows all of the parameters I want to monitor, though it does not seem to include VCore in the selection list (or I am blind). SIV can monitor just about anything but darn if I could find VCore. Maybe it's being called something else?

My larger issue is I want to set up Synthetics so I can set up fan curves based on multiple sensor input. When I select STATUS ->Configure ->Synthetic Setup, none of my sensors are showing up. I hope it is OK to ask about this here. SIV discussions seem to be prevalent on this forum. Following are some requisite screenshots. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

2088217622_LinkStatus-OK.thumb.png.b0245ddc33eb83e86e3367b5835dc803.png

1077751868_LINKFANS-OK.thumb.png.73cb38299b71ad07f9a1ff06ed63f435.png

1731918363_LINKLEDs-OK.png.821562b6e22320b454acc03302ddb311.png

1749038623_CoolerStatus-OK.png.01dcd98e85a548c93a5ec231f9fdff8a.png

1662239483_SIVConfigSynthetics-NOTOK.png.ddbb8ee03c01e9072034f7f649145b5c.png

2122069356_SIVLinkQualifiers-OK.png.2cd904d8e85c4b85bd0a44cb57e457bb.png

I am using SIV V5.12.

1. Why are you using SIV 5.12 when the current release is V5.14?
  2. Have you read Using SIV to Control Corsair Link Hardware?
  3. Why have you failed to add you PC specs to your profile when http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77167 specifies you should?
  4. I have deduced you have an ASUS board, post the SIV initial screen so I can see most of the system information.
  5. I suspect SIV reports VCore, post [Hardware Status].
  6. Post [LCD Panel Setup].
  7. On [synthetic Setup] have you clicked on the dodger blue blobs?

1. Why are you using SIV 5.12 when the current release is V5.14?
  2. Have you read Using SIV to Control Corsair Link Hardware?
  3. Why have you failed to add you PC specs to your profile when http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77167 specifies you should?
  4. I have deduced you have an ASUS board, post the SIV initial screen so I can see most of the system information.
  5. I suspect SIV reports VCore, post [Hardware Status].
  6. Post [LCD Panel Setup].
  7. On [synthetic Setup] have you clicked on the dodger blue blobs?

Thank you for responding. To answer your questions:

1 - I had SIV v5.12 downloaded already and just opened it after fighting with CL4 for a while and deciding to just get back to SIV. I did not check your site for an update, which I have now done. V5.14 is now running.

2 - Yes I have read Using SIV to Control Corsair Link Hardware. That is how I was able to link to the H110i-GT and configure the fans, pump, and LED (running full blast for now but I want to tie them to a Synthetic).

3 - I have now completed the detailed hardware list in my profile. I have an account on this forum that for some reason today would let me log in but not post or edit. I wanted to post this so I set up a second, temporary account (this one) and sent a PM to a moderator to resolve the issue. I did not fill out the profile detail as this account is temporary. Apologies - it is now filled out.

4 - SIV Initial Screen attached (now v5.14)

5 - SIV Hardware Status Screen attached but never mind - duh! Right there on top - all 6 cores. Thank you. Is it possible to select VCore in the LCD Panel Setup? I don't see it (them) under MB Voltages.

6 - LCD Panel Setup Posted. This is a work in progress. I just started playing with it last night. I understand how to set up panel(s) but it is not clear how the Level range of 13 to 9,999 "scales" to the range appropriate to whatever parameter is selected. The default Level values that appear are reasonable for whatever the type of parameter is...

7 - Synthetic Setup Panel - Dark Blue Blob - Oops. I did not know you had to click the blue blobs. The guide just says "Select the temperature sensors" in instruction line 3. The illustration shows the panel with whatever devices were present in that system. I thought they auto-populated. Now I understand you have to click the blue blob and populate them manually as you prefer. The .png I uploaded shows a few of them filled in now. Question - The guide says "4. Set the difference with the highest sensor temperature group's (optional)". Can you elaborate on this? By "Highest sensor, do you mean the one that is the first sensor in the group or the one that reaches the highest temperature? It is not clear to me how data from multiple sensors, possibly in differing ranges, combine to form a Synthetic, which is used as a trigger for an event.

Also, if multiple sensors are selected, which one is displayed under the Current column? Seems to be the first (top) one.

Thanks again. SIV is a wonder.

301627837_SIVInitialScreen010917.thumb.png.42bb8e9ac273781d45d9397306e01f03.png

1842319573_SIVHardwareStatus010917.thumb.png.998a1c527d7dc89d1eba21e1fea2787a.png

1677970004_SIVLCDSetupPanel010917.png.e949a31c20caf1817aab281c2dd03993.png

2100088426_SIVConfigSynthetics2010917.png.fd64ba12c9ebc366cd17fc26988b273b.png

1. OK, but SIV should have told you there is an update. Did it?
  2. OK
  3. OK
  4. Did your intentionally select 4 column initial display? I would have thought 3 was enough. What is Menu->Tools->Maximum Lines set to? I am wondering why SIV did not display two of the disk temperatures, post Menu->Devices->SMART Drives so I can see.
  5. The core voltage is reported by all 6 CPU cores and there are 6 of them. After selecting say CPU-2 there will be a salmon pink blob just like there is for GPU-0. Click this to select the per CPU information you wish to display.
  6. The value is not scaled at all.
  7. Below GPU-1 is much cooler than the others so I added a +12°C offset to make it about the same. You can see the original temperature of 30°C is rendered as 42°C.
  8. The hottest member of the group is the current and this is highlighted in hot pink. After making changes and pressing [Apply] it may be a few seconds before things update.
  9. I am wondering how busy the SIV worker threads are on your system. Menu->Edit->View STC Info reports this.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27241&stc=1&d=1484037357

1652597568_SyntheticSetup.thumb.png.dbdf7599ed93ec92d0ddeea96249fea9.png

2. OK
  3. OK
  4. Did your intentionally select 4 column initial display? I would have thought 3 was enough. What is Menu->Tools->Maximum Lines set to? I am wondering why SIV did not display two of the disk temperatures, post Menu->Devices->SMART Drives so I can see.
  5. The core voltage is reported by all 6 CPU cores and there are 6 of them. After selecting say CPU-2 there will be a salmon pink blob just like there is for GPU-0. Click this to select the per CPU information you wish to display.
  7. Below GPU-1 is much cooler than the others so I added a +12°C offset to make it about the same. You can see the original temperature of 30°C is rendered as 42°C.
  8. The hottest member of the group is the current and this is highlighted in hot pink. After making changes and pressing [Apply] it may be a few seconds before things update.
  9. I am wondering how busy the SIV worker threads are on your system. Menu->Edit->View STC Info reports this.

Thank you again for your reply. To answer again:

1 - I do not believe the SIV update alert panel popped up when I opened version 5.12. I had not run SIV for quite a while prior to this (or CL4). Running one (CL4) seems to lead to running the other (SIV), at least for me though I think I am done with that habit now. I will just be using SIV. It was late so I can't swear a pop up did not appear but I don't recall it.

4. Yes I did mess with the settings for Initial Display, Maximum Lines, Maximum Columns, and Maximum Screens. I noticed that selections result in a new pop up sub-window that must be closed before I can get back to the main window. I also noticed that you specify to select Single in the Configure->SIV Qualifiers, which I think prevents concurrent instances of SIV. I left it set up for Initial Display 4 columns, Max Lines 24, Max Columns 4, Max Screens 8.

I was trying to find a way to be able to display multiple, unassociated SIV windows like Status->Link Fans and Status-> Link LEDs and Status->Hardware, all at the same time. I thought these settings may allow that, or just running multiple instances, though I was concerned about sensor polling conflicts doing that. And you do specify that Single be selected in Configure ->SIV Qualifiers. To be honest, it is not clear to me what the Columns, Lines, and Max Screens settings do exactly. Still poking around. Can you elaborate on these settings?

I can use an LCD Panel to group things I want to monitor but I want to do things like have the Link Fans window open AND the Configure LED widow open at the same time. That way I can adjust a fan' speed in one window and observe the status color bar changes in the LCD Panel setup window (if it is set to monitor that fan speed). So basically, I think I want multiple windows or multiple instances of SIV open to allow me to do things like that. Any comments on this?

Disk Temp - I did not notice 2 disk temps were missing. Will look closer. The Smart Drives .png is attached.

5 - VCore - I see that now - thanks. For my chip (6-core), the CPUs show up as CPU-0, CPU-2, CPU-4, CPU-6, CPU-8, and CPU-10. When clicking the salmon pick blob, the parameter selection menu is the same for CPU-2 through CPU-10 but CPU-0's menu is much larger - including MOBO BIOS version and DRAM Timings. Is the inclusion of these additional parameters available only on CPU-0 for a reason specific to CPU-0? What is the RPM value displayed next to the temperature for CPU-0 in that salmon pink blob popup menu (the first line which says "CPU-0 2800 RPM 37C)? Sorry - can't screen capture the pop up menu.

6 - Still thinking about the range of values in the LCD Panel Setup Level boxes. If it's not scaled, a parameter like CPU Voltage (which will only ever be in a narrow range between 0 volts and maybe 2.0 volts), will not have much granularity for that value. It can me measured to +/- 1 millivolt (or more?) but one can only tell that its between 1.0v and 2.0v. I was hoping that value scaling would allow me to trip the color bars on finer resolution voltage ranges, like maybe between 1.200v and 1.250v.

For the H110i-GT LED, default is Low Level 0, High Level 1. Makes sense for a binary condition parameter, but this one only has a "Usual" color bar - no Low or High. The Usual color bar is Orange. If I right click it and change it to something else, it snaps right back to Orange. Why? Other color bars stay at what other color I set based on the current parameter value.

7 - I see what you are doing with the Synthetics in general. You have made synthetics grouped by type (CPU temps, GPU temps, Disk temps, etc.). This makes perfect sense for using multiple, similar parameter values as a trigger for some event. I also see what the temp offset allows. Very helpful - thanks for the explanation.

The 2 screen shots you requested are attached. I found STC info by selecting the pull down arrow next to Copy, then View STC Info. I don't see a Menu ->Edit ->View STC Info. To get Smart Info, I selected the pull down arrow next to Volumes, then SMART Drives. I don't see Menu -> Devices -> Smart Drives, or Menu ->Tools -> Maximum Lines. Perhaps I am not understanding the menu paths you are describing...

I am learning SIV and there is quite a bit to explore. Powerful, elegant, and efficient. I really do appreciate your taking the time to step me through these areas. Sorry for long post.

Thanks Again !

1188964288_SmartDrive011017.thumb.png.dc22b2c5fd2cd8706c9c01f4f7ca117d.png

1751322152_STCInfo011017.png.9306a34d26d80da46c613fe8bfd675e3.png

4A. These are silly, set Initial Display as 2 or 3 columns (exit/restart SIV to see the effect), Max Lines <as many as will fit>, Max Screens 1.

5. CPU-0 has all the system information as well as the per CPU. Press PrtSc then crop the image. Deduce this by comparing the value with what [status] displays.

6. Post [Link LEDs] and specify what you would like to happen.

7. You do Menu-> by either a Left/Click on the icon in the title bar or Right/Click on the SIV tray icon. The [Copy] dropdown is the same as Menu->Edit->, etc..

When you ask too many questions I may miss some. Having different posts for different issues is a good idea.

though I was concerned about sensor polling conflicts doing that.

There is no way this will be an issue as SIV uses mutexes to interlock access as do other sensibly written hardware monitoring programs such as AIDA64 + CPUZ/HWM (CPUIDSDK) + HWiNFO + SpeedFan + ... As CL4 + CAM use the CPUIDSDK they are also OK.

Most manufacturer supplied programs don't use mutexes when they should and are a PITA! If you choose to run ASUS AI Suite, etc. then this is all you should run.

4B. You can't, why do you need to given you can use LCD panels? If you run too many instances of SIV the sensor threads will get overloaded. With one SIV it's 43% so any more than two and you are asking for trouble. Running other hardware monitoring programs will also have an impact.

23. SIV correctly interlocks access to the motherboard hardware sensors and can safely be used at the same time as AIDA64, HWiNFO and SpeedFan. For how to check if a program uses the correct locks see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037.

4C. One is the JMicron USB attached RAID which I would expect and the other is the USBPDO-13 device. Something strange is happening with this and I suspect I will need to get SIV to ignore it.

Do you have any idea what this is?

Post [uSB Bus] or ideally e-mail me the two Menu->File->Save Local files.

Doing SIV64X -DBGSDM -SAVE=[sdm][smart]=SIV_DBGOUT.txt > SIV_DBGOUT.log | MORE in an admin command window and sending me SIV_DBGOUT.log + SIV_DBGOUT.txt would also be helpful, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=815152.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27267&d=1484107053

2. OK
  3. OK

4A. These are silly, set Initial Display as 2 or 3 columns (exit/restart SIV to see the effect), Max Lines <as many as will fit>, Max Screens 1.

5. CPU-0 has all the system information as well as the per CPU. Press PrtSc then crop the image. Deduce this by comparing the value with what [status] displays.

6. Post [Link LEDs] and specify what you would like to happen.

7. You do Menu-> by either a Left/Click on the icon in the title bar or Right/Click on the SIV tray icon. The [Copy] dropdown is the same as Menu->Edit->, etc..

When you ask too many questions I may miss some. Having different posts for different issues is a good idea.

In response:

4A - Set the SIV display values as you recommended. I see what Lines and Columns do. Not sure about Maximum Screens.

5 - Understood.

6 - I see now what the color displayed in the Configure -> LCD Panels screen is doing. It was orange b/c it was following the setting specified in the Link LEDs screen. I had the H110i-GT LED set for yellow at 40C and red at 60C. The orange was a mix of the two colors (same as LED on the pump) at the current temp. Link LEDs screen .png attached.

7 - Got it. Thanks

Multi-questions - Point Taken.

921595084_LinkLEDs011217.png.8b9084c18c5df8a8d0d3fd400f148377.png

There is no way this will be an issue as SIV uses mutexes to interlock access as do other sensibly written hardware monitoring programs such as AIDA64 + CPUZ/HWM (CPUIDSDK) + HWiNFO + SpeedFan + ... As CL4 + CAM use the CPUIDSDK they are also OK.

Most manufacturer supplied programs don't use mutexes when they should and are a PITA! If you choose to run ASUS AI Suite, etc. then this is all you should run.

4B. You can't, why do you need to given you can use LCD panels? If you run too many instances of SIV the sensor threads will get overloaded. With one SIV it's 43% so any more than two and you are asking for trouble. Running other hardware monitoring programs will also have an impact.

I have read some of your old posts about using mutexes. I will not pretend to understand exactly what this means but is it accurate to say that this method allows sensors to be accessed in a controlled manner so there are not unanticipated interactions between multiple monitoring programs?

Is AI Suite one of the programs that does not handle sensor access well? I do run it in the task bar and so far I have not observed any issue with SIV but I have not actually opened AI-3 and tried to look at or change anything that the program suite can do.

4B - I don't need to do this (have Configure LDC Panels AND LINK LED windows open at the same time). I just wanted to observe the changes in one while adjusting values in the other. The LCD panel follows status anyway so it is redundant.

4C. One is the JMicron USB attached RAID which I would expect and the other is the USBPDO-13 device. Something strange is happening with this and I suspect I will need to get SIV to ignore it.

Do you have any idea what this is?

Post [uSB Bus] or ideally e-mail me the two Menu->File->Save Local files.

Doing SIV64X -DBGSDM -SAVE=[sdm][smart]=SIV_DBGOUT.txt > SIV_DBGOUT.log | MORE in an admin command window and sending me SIV_DBGOUT.log + SIV_DBGOUT.txt would also be helpful, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=815152.

I do not know what it is. I thought it might be an external USB drive. I have several LaCie drives that are plugged into USB-3 ports on the MOBO. There is also a NZXT internal USB2.0 hub inside the case. The Asus MOBO only has 1 USB2 header and I need additional ports for front case USB, Corsair pump, and some LED strips. I disconnected the external drives but that mystery item is still there. I have attached .png files of USB Bus (2 files to capture it all) and will email you SIV_DBGOUT.log and SIV_DGBOUT.txt as you requested. These files were generated before I removed any external drives.

ETA - I think I ended up with multiple copies of some of the files in the email. Sorry !

Thanks once again for your help.

1428512790_USBBus-1011217.thumb.png.0ea7f9d0bd8d62a7ca8452f1db541034.png

1717757657_USBBus-2011217.thumb.png.cd349627e833866d29df4fed2c553b6e.png

I have read some of your old posts about using mutexes. I will not pretend to understand exactly what this means but is it accurate to say that this method allows sensors to be accessed in a controlled manner so there are not unanticipated interactions between multiple monitoring programs?

Is AI Suite one of the programs that does not handle sensor access well? I do run it in the task bar and so far I have not observed any issue with SIV but I have not actually opened AI-3 and tried to look at or change anything that the program suite can do.

Basically yes. It's basically a signalling system to ensure only one program is interacting with the hardware at once. Think in terms of a single line track with two or more trains on it.

ASUS AI Suite is king of the PITA programs, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037

Basically yes. It's basically a signalling system to ensure only one program is interacting with the hardware at once. Think in terms of a single line track with two or more trains on it.

ASUS AI Suite is king of the PITA programs, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037

Yes I thought I recalled AI Suite being on the problem list.

Regarding the USB drive and SMART reporting, trying SIV v5.15 Beta 11 - please see the email I sent you.

LCD Panels - I have been busy setting them up. Please see attached pic of my panels. I basically set up so every available measurement is displayed. Also made some Synthetics which mimic the ones you posted above.

Questions -

1 - Does having all of these values displayed in the LDC Panels have the potential to slow things down? SIV is monitoring them anyway and I don't see and significant CPU usage by SIV in Task Manager (.3% to 0.9%) while all those LCD Panels are displayed but the mouse seemed a bit choppy in Chrome with approx 12 tabs open. I don't know if SIV is affecting it.

2 - In the Configure LCD Panels under MB Temps I see 7 sensors

T1 SYSTIN

T2 CPU TIN

TE CPU PECI (Platform Environmental Control Interface)

T3 VRM

T4 PCH

T5 SEN-1

T6 SEN-2

Do you know what T5 SEN-1 and T6 SEN-2 are reading? They show 40C and 35C in SIV. My Asus X99-Deluxe II does have a temp sensor header and a provided sensor but I do not have it plugged in. There is also an Asus Fan Extension card that has more sensor inputs but again, I have not attached any sensors. Are these just unused inputs or are they sensors on the MOBO somewhere? Is this question specific to my exact MOBO model? I have been reading docs on the board but they don't ever really say where they have embedded temperature sensors.

Thanks as always !

1420399109_LCDPanels-ALL011417.png.1a4bb936a96d3c04201884296e59eca8.png

1. Does having all of these values displayed in the LCD Panels have the potential to slow things down?
  2. Do you know what T5 SEN-1 and T6 SEN-2 are reading? They show 40C and 35C in SIV. My Asus X99-Deluxe II does have a temp sensor header and a provided sensor but I do not have it plugged in.

1. Unlikely, all the updates are done with the LCDs thread which uses negligible CPU time, check [sTC Info].
  2. I don't have an X99-Deluxe II so can't check, would you like to loan me one? Failing that plug them in and see what happens.
  3. I have never had a report of SIV causing mouse lag. what DPC latencies do you get, see http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml
  4. Are you 100% sure you have totally eradicated ASUS AI Suite from your system?

1. Unlikely, all the updates are done with the LCDs thread which uses negligible CPU time, check [sTC Info].
  2. I don't have an X99-Deluxe II so can't check, would you like to loan me one? Failing that plug them in and see what happens.
  3. I have never had a report of SIV causing mouse lag. what DPC latencies do you get, see http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml
  4. Are you 100% sure you have totally eradicated ASUS AI Suite from your system?

Thanks Ray. The lag went away after a reboot. Something else was causing it no doubt.

Asus X99-Deluxe II - Fair enough. It was a shot in the dark. T5 Sen-1 seems to closely follow CPU Core 2. T6 Sen-2 just sits at about 30c (ambient). I will keep digging in the Asus MOBO docs for info on where they put temp sensors. You would think they would be clearly documented as a "feature".

AI3 - eradicated - no. Just not running anymore. I have read it is difficult to totally get rid of it due to sloppy implementation. Will work on it.

Thanks!

AI3 - eradicated - no. Just not running anymore. I have read it is difficult to totally get rid of it due to sloppy implementation. Will work on it.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=how%20to%20completely%20remove%20asus%20ai%20suite

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ai+suite+iii+uninstall+cleaner

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34503-AI-Suite-III-Cleaner

CL4 dropping COM to pump

After reading the thread title the it made me wonder if you have a dodgy H110iGT or the power connection to the H110iGT is flaky (double check the SATA power cable) as I suspect you have had the cooler "going away" issue for a long time.

Most of the time when [Link Devices] reports Channel IDs 1F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 this seems to be down to the firmware crashing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27303&stc=1&d=1484470742

1294220182_LinkDevices-SPEEDY-IV.thumb.png.96c7afd63dd2a56c807ea7caa89f5e30.png

After reading the thread title the it made me wonder if you have a dodgy H110iGT or the power connection to the H110iGT is flaky (double check the SATA power cable) as I suspect you have had the cooler "going away" issue for a long time.

Most of the time when [Link Devices] reports Channel IDs 1F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 this seems to be down to the firmware crashing.

That could be. Until recently, CL4 was running in the task bar and I had not fooled with it in a while. An old version of SIV was installed though not in use. So I had no fan or pump monitoring active. I happened to read a post somewhere about the H110i-GT and that CL4 offered 2 pump speeds and the default was the slower speed, so you had to open up CL4 and tell the pump to run at high speed (if you wanted that, which I did).

So I opened up CL4 and like so often in the past, there was no communication between CL4 and the pump. Whenever this would happen (or more accurately, I would attempt to use CL4), I would have to reboot to get CL4 to "see" the pump again. I got frustrated with this problem and opened up SIV again. That is what started this whole thread. Now AI3 was also sitting running in the task bar, and I had "tuned" the fans plugged into MOBO headers with Fan Expert-3. I know AI-3 conflicts with SIV. Does it conflict with CL4 as well? If so, maybe that was causing the erratic communication between CL4 and the pump.

I have checked the H110i-GT fan and power wiring and all seems to be fine. The interesting thing is all of this started back in my mind because I thought the pump was running at low speed and I wanted to see if I got better temps during stress tests than I was getting. Now that I can control the pump speed reliably with SIV, I have determined that increasing the pump speed does not improve my temperatures, or recovery times at all. Oh well...

See my email with the files you asked for from SIV v5.15 Beta 15.

Thank you as always.

I know AI-3 conflicts with SIV. Does it conflict with CL4 as well?

I suspect ASUS AI Suite causes issues with most other monitoring software as it is poorly engineered as it fails to use mutexes to interlock access to the hardware and therefor can't be safely used at the same time as any other monitoring software.

As CL4 is not my code you need to ask Corsair. Looking in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118371 I suspect they think it does.

Q: Corsair Link and ASUS AI Suite don’t seem to work together. What’s up with that?

A: Corsair Link and ASUS AI Suite frequently monitor the same devices in your system. Because of this, they can conflict with one another and cause the other to lock up or be unstable. Please exit out of AI Suite completely before using Corsair Link, and vice-versa.

I suspect ASUS AI Suite causes issues with most other monitoring software as it is poorly engineered as it fails to use mutexes to interlock access to the hardware and therefor can't be safely used at the same time as any other monitoring software.

As CL4 is not my code you need to ask Corsair. Looking in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118371 I suspect they think it does.

Thanks Ray. I will pass on going down the CL4 rabbit hole. I have read WAY to many posts on this forum to pursue that. You did state earlier in this thread and others that many monitoring programs (HWInfo64, HWmonitor, AIDA64, Speed Fan) use mutexes to interlock access or CPUIDSDK (CPUz, CL43, CAM). You did state that AI-3 was the king of problem programs so shame on me for not removing it earlier.

AI-3 has never been a very stable program (for me). I have experienced a long history of error messages and freezes with it. I don't think I will miss it. Most hard core overclockers hate it - I have heard it referred to as the "nail of death" and to never ever install it and if you do, to format and reload the OS to ensure complete elimination. IMHO that is a bit extreme so I will try the uninstallers.

Thanks!

Archived