Corsair Community

iCUE suggestion: react to system events

a.chexov

Dear developers,

Writing to you is a humble bilingual typist whose poor vision does not allow him to detect in time that he is blind-typing in a wrong language, and so, in a search for a more intelligent keyboard bought himself a new all-flashy K68 rapidfire.

And in the stylish and sophisticated iCUE software I could not find such a simple thing as connection to current status of NumLock, CapsLock, and, most important to me, system's input locale switches.

Yes, I know that I can create multiple profiles that would be triggered by pressing of corresponding buttons, but each of the statuses can be changed programmatically, and for the input language change things are even more interesting:

a) there is an option in windows settings that allows each program to remember its input settings independently from other apps

b) language bar allows to switch keyboard languages via a couple of mouse clicks

So, I came up with a suggestion that may benefit not only myself, but many others, and definitely will make your hardware behave more intellectually.

As you already monitor quite a few things in the windows environment, it should not be too difficult to invoke a macro or switch to a profile based on the following events (for starters, I believe people will quickly add a few more):

NumLock turns ON, OFF (not the key press, but on state change the system)

CapsLock turns ON, OFF

Input language changes to [dropdown list here▼]

System locale changes to [dropdown list here▼]

The system is inactive for [??] minutes (when the system is ready we go back to default profile). Or, maybe, sreensaver start/stop?

[sensor▼] temperature reaches [??] degrees

What do you think?