Corsair Community

4 PSU DOA in 6 days!!!!!!

drake48

I was not sure at first if it was I that was the problem. But when I contacted customer support and walk through the installation and testing the third RM750x PSU then I figured it was the product. So I got my money back and went to best buy and bought a CX750m and tried testing that one and it was also DOA. WHAT THE F%^K!!!. 4 Corsair DOA. I am about to give up on this company. The only reason I went with this company was the review have been great. One last time! I am going to buy right from the Companies website. And if this one is DOA I am done and every social media account I have will be a post on how Corsair PSU don't work. And to stay away from them.

First question...have you actually had this PC running before?

That is, are you certain the motherboard, CPU, graphics card and memory all work?

Let's assume so....can we also assume you bought a new PSU because the original/last one you had blew up?

Or, did the PC simply cease powering on and you assumed it was the PSU?

It's also possible that the first PSU may have failed and taken out something on your motherboard...which may now be fried.

I would recommend you take the whole rig into a computer store and ask them to just quickly check you've connected everything correctly and maybe test your Motherboard with a known good PSU...many stores will do this for you free of charge under normal circumstances.

Christmas time is not "normal circumstances" and they may be too busy to help.

As @DevBiker said, whilst theoretically possible, it is extremely unlikely to have 4x DOA PSUs in a row.

dmonds

Edited by dmonds