Corsair Community

Can I RMA my AIO if I lost the fans?

qood

I opened a ticket to RMA my under-warranty AIO H100i v2 cooler, but at some point in time I lost the fans that came with it after I replaced them with some Noctua fans. Can I still send it in for a replacement if I don't have the fans? I've sent an email asking the same question, but assume I might get a faster answer here. Thanks in advanced.

It's the answer from Corsair Support that will matter. Typically, the fans are required for RMA. However, for that specific model they may not be so strict and I am not sure you will be getting a H100i v2 back. I would start the RMA request and explicitly tell them you no longer have the fans.

I did. But I sent back the fans I was using with the AIO, AND the fans were Corsair ML PRO ( so better than the original fans ). I asked before hand and they accepted it, but I may not get my fans back ( acceptable loss! ). I think they will want to see the fans it was using when it failed to make sure it's not a fan issue....but don't let me tell you, ask Corsair. And don't expect your fans back. AND next time don't sell the original fans on ebay. LOL! Edited by Pocah

I did. But I sent back the fans I was using with the AIO, AND the fans were Corsair ML PRO ( so better than the original fans ). I asked before hand and they accepted it, but I may not get my fans back ( acceptable loss! ). I think they will want to see the fans it was using when it failed to make sure it's not a fan issue....but don't let me tell you, ask Corsair. And don't expect your fans back. AND next time don't sell the original fans on ebay. LOL!

So did they end up sending you a replacement AIO? I'm sorry to hear you lost some good fans. :(

So did they end up sending you a replacement AIO? I'm sorry to hear you lost some good fans. :(

Yes they sent me a replacement, but they did not send the fans back. I see that as my penalty for being so stupid as to throw the original fans out. I had some Corsair case fans I could have put on it but I thought they may just decide I had used inappropriate fans.

I think basically you are talking about a department here that is like a clock. It runs a particular way and it can't work any other way. The replacement didn't come from the same place as the return item went to, so I am guessing the testing guys just click "replace" on the computer and a package is dispatched from another site. There is no way they have to return anything else you may have included in the return. It's no good pleading with the clock to run backwards, it just won't and that's it.

But I am happy. Like I said, it was my fault for throwing the original fans out.

Edited by Pocah