Corsair Community

Profiles No Longer Show

So I was playing a game and a mod for it crashed my game and I had to hard reset my desktop so I can remove the offending mod from my game and get it to work again. But at the same time, I noticed that my keyboard was using a profile for one of my games due to the lighting it had and not my default Windows profile. I found this odd so I take a look on the CUE program to find that all but 2 of my profiles were just gone for no reason at all. I do a bit of digging around, restart the program, even updated it to the latest version and it still doesn't bring my profiles back.

Now, they exist. I see them in the folder which I'll link for that purpose.

http://i.imgur.com/ctbWz64t.png

My keyboard is a K70 RGB LUX. Here's what it looks like in my CUE:

http://i.imgur.com/yev4QtIt.png

I'm at a loss right now because I'm not going to waste my time trying to do my profiles again like I had to when I originally upgraded from V1 to V2 of the CUE. If there's some way I can get my profiles back, that'd be great. If not, well guess I'm SOL and I just won't bother anymore with trying to do them again.

It's worth redoing your profiles, and then EXPORT them to a file, so that when the bug rears its ugly head and your profiles vanish, you can simply IMPORT them again.

I feel your pain, as I have observed this bug myself, and many people have posted about it in other threads in this forum. Hopefully somebody will be able to upload logs matching a reproducible test case so that Corsair can slay this once and for all, but in the meantime, backups are our friend.

Then I guess I won't bother re-doing all my profiles again. Not worth the effort to do so when I originally had about 20 different profiles and I never got around to even doing 5 of them in the new system. Guess if I want, I could just go back to the old CUE and just not bother with the new one. I still have those profiles and they would work just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived