Corsair Community

Icue window not displaying.

Sam-Supreme

ok so this ones going to need some backstory. so my computer has both Asus RGB parts and Corsair RGB parts, and I was trying to get them too sync up using RGBSync and RGBSync+ and now whenever I try to open up Icue the window is completely invisible (also my fans lights don't turn on)

While I've not personally tried it, I would highly doubt that iCue will work nicely with RGB Sync. Most, if not all, of the Corsair devices operate in "Highlander Mode" ... there can be only one app accessing them at a time through the USB channel. RGBSync will be trying to access the Corsair devices at the same time as iCue.

What happens if you completely disable the RGB Sync stuff? Or uninstall?

Oh, wow. That is bizarre.

iCue logs will be in C:\Users\[user Name]\AppData\Local\Corsair\CUE\logs.

It looks like it cannot create the OpenGL context that it needs for the UI. Question: do you have anything installed that does anything unusual with the display? We had several reports on earlier versions of an application that allowed you to mirror an iOS device on the PC (I cannot, for the life of me, recall the name) causing issues.

I've also seen some crazy stuff happen when I had my display misconfigured - can you check the Primary Graphics Adapter in the BIOS and make sure it's on the discrete GPU, not the Integrated GPU?

actually, I do! it was called "Duet Display" and now that I remember it stopped working around the same time that I downloaded it. I'm gonna go check that real quick

Edit: it worked! its odd to think that a simple program like that would be the one affecting Icue. thanks for all your help man

edit 2: now none of my hardware is showing up in Icue, would this be a problem with RGBsync?

edit 3: Came back and its showing up now.

Yes! It was Duet Display! I don't know why I can never remember the name of it ... perhaps I just block out all things Apple.

I'm not sure what it is about Duet Display but it seems to play absolute havoc with the OpenGL context. Previous versions would just crash ... quite inelegantly. This isn't quite as inelegant but there really should be some kind of error message indicated that something is messed up with OpenGL.

Archived