Corsair Community

CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 on Rampage III Extreme - Extreme Troubles

Steve-L

Hi all,

I've got an i7 980x in a Rampage III Extreme and I'm trying to get my CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 to run (Prime95) stable.

I'm not at all interested in OC'ing my CPU (but am willing to accept small changes like 3.444MHz if it has to be).

I've tried resetting everything back to defaults and using the XMP - that isn't stable according to Prime95. Also, using XPM, the DRAM voltage goes to 1.6525v, the voltage turns yellow and I get a warning about damaging my CPU (which I'm uncomfortable with).

Can anyone offer some advice/figures/examples of working settings for the exact same mobo/CPU/RAM configuration where the RAM runs ~2000MHz?

Thanks in advance,

Steve-L

Hi all,

I've got an i7 980x in a Rampage III Extreme and I'm trying to get my CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 to run (Prime95) stable.

I'm not at all interested in OC'ing my CPU (but am willing to accept small changes like 3.444MHz if it has to be).

I've tried resetting everything back to defaults and using the XMP - that isn't stable according to Prime95. Also, using XPM, the DRAM voltage goes to 1.6525v, the voltage turns yellow and I get a warning about damaging my CPU (which I'm uncomfortable with).

Can anyone offer some advice/figures/examples of working settings for the exact same mobo/CPU/RAM configuration where the RAM runs ~2000MHz?

Thanks in advance,

Steve-L

What are your multipliers? CPU vcore? QPI VTT? Set timing manually?

I just got the same kit and it won't run worth a darn in my EVGA board. I think these kits are just terrible TBH. Corsair is going down the drain in terms of product and product support. I will try to help as I've been trying to get my RAM to run at spec for the past 24 hours straight, no help from anyone here......... if I can't get this crud to run the way CORSAIR SAYS IT DOES, its going back to the retailer and I'm never buying another Corsair product again, going to write a blog about this horrific experience, and guide all my customers away from purchasing this brand. Done with rant.

Set voltage manually at 1.65 (does your board have 1.65 or is it only 164 and 166? this maybe why XMP set to 1625), timing manually at 8-9-8-24-74 1T, and try to boot with 2:12 divider and boot at 1600 to see if that's even stable. Did you try running memtest86+ 4.10 to see if ram has any errors? Sorry to see you having the same issues as me but a diff board...what does that tell you??

At the moment, everything is stock standard but the memory is only running at 1600MHz. Any settings I have at the moment are irrelevant as they're not going to be the same or help in achieving 2000MHz. I'm just looking for someone with the same configuration, who hasn't overclocked their CPU and is running their memory stably at 2000MHz.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Steve-L

Clear the CMOS and try XMP again. Once you do this, tell us what the XMP profile sets for Core voltage, BClock, and CPU VTT.

Also, is Prime95 the ONLY sign of instability that you have once you get the system running?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same board and same memory. With XMP settings, I couldn't even POST. XMP sets the QPI Vtt to 1.25V, which is way to low. My machine can only post at 1.45V, but with lots of BSOD. At 1.5V I can get into windows but thats about it, prime95 fails and linx fails after 1 minute.

I am not sure if I should increase Vtt anymore. My CPU is at 92C full load on a Corsair H50 push/pull config.

Archived