Corsair Community

Sabre RGB not detecting at startup

WickedSlammy

I got the same issue.

I returned the first Sabre because I thought it broken to the retailer. The replacement sabre performed outstanding for maybe four weeks. Then I did a firmware update. Since the update the "no power at system boot" issue returned (I did the update with the original mouse directly after install). Unfortunately, I neither remember which firmware version I was upgrading from, nor where to find outdated firmware files.

I tested several USB-Ports with both mice, none of which made any noticable difference. Both my K70 an my old Razer Taipan work perfectlly fine. My Board is a Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H.

Regards

LOKIoA

Check for BIOS, chipset, and USB controller driver updates. Make sure you have the drivers provided by the manufacturer if you have 3rd party USB controllers. Check your mobo manufacturers page for this info.

Also, make sure USB initialization is fully on and try turning off fast, super, giga, hyper boot, or whatever marketing term they names it.

All drivers are up to date. I'll try the hint with disabled fast boot and report.

EDIT: My MB supoorts "normal", "fast" and "ultra fast" Boot-options. None of which make any difference regarding the issue. Furthermore, I have discovered that cold booting after a powerless status results in 100% occurence of the issue. Interestingly, the mouse seems to have power, but only in POST mode. Afterwards, the mouse stays dark and doesn't responed in any way until the system gets rebooted or the USB ist pluged in and out again. My K70 on the other hand doesn't need a bootup to glow, right after switching power back on it's illuminated.

Edit 2:

I use Avast Free Antivirus. Aprox. 3 weeks ago I excluded the folder containing CUE software from avast-monitoring. Since then, the warm boot-problem did not occur again. Due to the randomness of the problem, I can't conclude it solved yet. I'll keep you informed. Cold booting after power-off still results in a non responding mouse.

Regards

LOKI

Archived