Corsair Community

GA-X58A-UD3R and CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 - can't get past 16 GB?

GamingTrend

Well, the fine folks at Fry's Electronics (I know, I should have checked myself) said these boards are compatible with that memory module set (it's a pair of 8G modules) but when I look at the configurator it isn't listed. I've ran for 16GB for weeks and then got the wild hair to fill that last two slots with another pair for a total of 24GB - the max for this board. The issue is that when the system boots it only shows 16GB, then it says "Detecting DRAM size" and reboots ad infinitum. Looking in the BIOS it shows 4096 in all 6 slots for DIMM Slot (MB), but shows "-" for Enabled Slot (MB). Is this just completely incompatible? Should I send this memory back? Time's ticking with Fry's (yay) so I want to get this solved asap. Help?

Thanks guys!

It's most likely because you are mixing memory sets

You can try to run memtest86+(link on the left) on each stick individually in the first slot. If they all pass, try lowering the frequency to 1333mhz and see if they will sync up .

Also what are the voltages set for DRAM buss and QPI/VTT?

It's most likely because you are mixing memory sets

You can try to run memtest86+(link on the left) on each stick individually in the first slot. If they all pass, try lowering the frequency to 1333mhz and see if they will sync up .

Also what are the voltages set for DRAM buss and QPI/VTT?

Ok, so talking with both Corsair and the board manufacturer, it's clear that the memory that was selected for me is not compatible in that configuration. That said...

CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9

Would a pair of those work? If so, that'd be great.

Archived