Corsair Community

Asus P5QC and CMV4GX3M1A1333C9

Phyxsyus

Hey guys... this weekend i purchased 2x4gb DDR3 1333MHz/1.5V (PC3-10600) Corsair [CMV4GX3M1A1333C9]...

But i couldn't get it to work I searched the whole day for sugestions on how to get the memory working but got nothing...

Anyone thinks is possible to use this memory with my curent rig?

Motherboard: Asus p5qc

Processor: Intel Core 2 quad q9650@3.0Ghz

GPU: EVGA GTX 470

PSU: Corsair TX 650

The only thing thats missing is the memory i just bought...

The ddr2 sticks work just fine... but they're kinda of bad and out of warranty....

So... Can anyone help???

When i turn on the computer with the new memory sticks i don't get any video.. nothing happens... i can't even go to the bios...

Thanks in advance...

• Corsair Employee
On the modules please count the number of black chips on one of the modules, in order to work with this MB any 4 Gig module would need to use lower density memory IE the module would have to have 16 Memory IC's on the modules 8 on both sides. Or they cannot be larger than 256M X 8 memory IC's. If they are then I would try and clear the MB BIOS with the just one of the new modules installed, please check the manual in section two for instructions on how to reset the BIOS.

Thats right... 8 black chips on each side... so what I need to do is clear the bios? I already updated it to the latest version... thanks for replying so fast....

Well... I did all specified above... still couldn't get it to work... =/

• Corsair Employee

Your part number shows you bought 2 individual sticks for this board. We don't recommend mixing memory but beyond that, your motherboard may not support this density of DDR3.

You have high density DDR3 whereas what your board supports is low density DDR3 (an example of this would be TW3X4G1333C9). If you stick each module in by itself, and it still doesn't work, you'll need to return the memory and purchase a lighter density.

Your part number shows you bought 2 individual sticks for this board. We don't recommend mixing memory but beyond that, your motherboard may not support this density of DDR3.

You have high density DDR3 whereas what your board supports is low density DDR3 (an example of this would be TW3X4G1333C9). If you stick each module in by itself, and it still doesn't work, you'll need to return the memory and purchase a lighter density.

Thanks for the help... I decided to buy a new motherboard and processor... But Thanks for the assistence.... You can close the thread....

Archived