Corsair Community

Turning off all leds on K95 after x seconds idle, and turn on after user is back

kurta999

Hi,

I would like to create a simple application which would turn off the leds when user is idle for X second, and turn all LED-s on when user is back. I need this because my computer runs about 10-16hours per day, and I'm afraid that LEDs will start to fail after a few years. Plus it is annoying that LEDs are lighting when I'm away from computer.

It is possible with current iCUE SDK? I just would like to set intensity of keyboard LEDs to 0 and back to 2 (medium) when I'm back. I'm home in C, but I was unable to find a function which sets intensity of LEDs like that specific key.

https://kepkuldes.com/images/4665e14128c1794281e619f37eb6a64e.jpg

E: I was able to do tihs with a single key to directly switch to a black profile where LEDs are off and in this profile switch back to the main profile where LEDs are on, but the problem now is when I press Windows + L to lock my computer, LEDs will shine again. Any idea for this? But the best soluton would be in C still.

Thanks!

Edited by kurta999

widely asked for, but it is a hardware limitation unfortunately. You can only manually turn it off by pressing the brightness button until it is off, or if your kb has static lighting profiles, you can make the default one all black (that's your best option and can be done in icue with all but a few of the keyboards).

not even looking at the SO link, I am certain it cannot. Now...COULD it be done? I suppose it should as there is a brightness slider in the icue app, but again, that would only work when the system is not locked. There is no communication between the hardware and the system when the windows lock screen appears, or the system is in sleep. One might be able to reverse engineer the brightness issuance inside the icue app which corresponds to LED intensity, but I dont think it is part of the SDK. (ought to be)

• 3 weeks later...

I created a profile called "Lights Out" which turns off the lights in my fans, mouse, and mousepad and makes the RGB-K95 glow a very deep purple, and I bound it to the executable path for Notepad [for various reasons, I pretty much NEVER use Notepad]. Fire it up, make Notepad the active window, punch the keyboard intensity down to zero and bam. Done. No more glowy.

If I really wanted to, I could modify it to just turn off the keyboard keys, too.

• 2 weeks later...
I just use the "Fn" key as a profile switcher. There, I have one which is basically lights out for everything. It turns every single light off. My computer then is only lit by the logo from my graphics card (a red Sapphire logo) and the Q-Code LED and the drive activity LED in my motherboard.