Corsair Community

H80i LED problem

_Takkie_

I bought a new H80i cooler in December and it has been working great so far. I set the LED to white ever since and never had any problems until like 5 days ago where suddenly the light was purple - pink - ish. After some investigation it became clear that the green portion was not working any more.

So, if I set the color to white using the Corsair Link software it actually turns pink on the cooler. Interestingly however if I restart the PC the cooler emits white light again. As soon as the color is changed using the Link software, the green portion is immediately off and will not work any more until I restart the PC. Also the color turns to pink after some time without explicitly changing the color in the Link software.

I have already re-flashed the cooler's firmware and i also have installed several versions of the Link software without any change in behavior.

Any idea what could cause this?

I have already re-flashed the cooler's firmware and i also have installed several versions of the Link software without any change in behavior.

Any idea what could cause this?

Yes, but from what you have posted I could only guess. Which firmware version is in the H80i and which CL versions have you tried?

Post a screen shot of the LED configuration panel and specify the CL version.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the exact same problem since a couple of months...

The problem started when I had to restart my computer a several times in a short period.

Suddenly the LED turned pink and resetting/change the color with Corsair Link was not possible anymore. The only working color is red, everything else turns pink... (I like to have it white)

Firmware H80i: 1.1.3 with Corsair Link version 4.2.3.41

Tried re-flashing the firmware and tested a few different versions of Corsair Link, but nothing seems to make a difference.

Weird thing is, when I turn on my computer during (very) cold days, the LED shows white again. But as soon as I try to change a setting (from red to white) it turns pink again. Also when it's white and I do a restart when the system is above 30 degrees celcius it immediately turns pink again. (red works fine all the time, no matter what circumstances)

After a cold start-up sometimes white and blue are working fine, but only for a short amount of time... :confused:

Censor config: Static color, RGB 255,255,255

I'm having the same problem with the Green Led.

I am using Corsairlink 4 and I do not know how to upgrade the firmware with this version. The version of my Firmware is 1.1.3 and Corsair Link is 4.2.3.41.

If anyone can help me I would be grateful, because I'm thinking of sending it to the warranty.

Sorry for the English, I'm from Brazil.

Thakk you all.

Pedro

Edited by 7thPepe

1. AFAIK CL4 can't update the H80i firmware, but as 1.1.3 is the latest you don't need to.
  2. I am unclear what the "same problem" is.
  3. Say how the LED is configured and what happens and I will try and help. If appropriate post the configuration panel screen shot.

Edited by red-ray

• 2 weeks later...
  1. AFAIK CL4 can't update the H80i firmware, but as 1.1.3 is the latest you don't need to.
  2. I am unclear what the "same problem" is.
  3. Say how the LED is configured and what happens and I will try and help. If appropriate post the configuration panel screen shot.

Hi Red-Ray!

I bought my H80i three months ago. I always left the white LED, but suddenly he became pink. I did some research and found out that the problem is that the Green LED is not turning on. :[pouts:

I already uninstalled the program Corsair Link, I tried to reinstall, and the problem persists. I'm convinced that the Green LED is not burned, as I've seen him work a few days ago.

Also opened the CPU and changed the H80i cable to another USB port on the motherboard, but not getting positive results.

I will post some pictures of my Corsair Link program, and the picture of the LED in pink, due to lack of the Green LED.

I don't know what else to try, I don't know how to re-flashing the firmware.:sigh!:

If you can help me, I would be very grateful, because I'm avoiding to have to send it to technical assistance.

Thank you

Pedro

(http://ap.imagensbrasil.org/images/20160618_212556.jpg)

Pic of the WC with pink LED.

(http://ap.imagensbrasil.org/images/CorsairLink1.jpg)

Corsair Link Options.

(http://ap.imagensbrasil.org/images/CorsairLink2.jpg)

Corsair Link

(http://ap.imagensbrasil.org/images/CorsairLink3.jpg)

Firmware Version

(http://ap.imagensbrasil.org/images/CorsairLink4.jpg)

Corsair Link Version

Edited by 7thPepe

What colours does the H80i actually displaywhen you use Corsair Link to set 255,1,1 then 1,255,1 then 1,1,255?

Hi Red-Ray,

If I put 255, 1, 1 --> Shows Red

If I put 1, 255, 1 --> black (off)

Putting 1, 1, 255 --> Shows blue

An interesting fact is that today my PC remained a long time off, including from the wall socket. When I turned on the PC, the LED went white (:D:), but a few minutes of activity and he turns pink again (:evil:).

The Corsair Link is scheduled to open when Windows starts, and yet the problem persists.

It's really very strange.

When I turn off the pc from the wall socket and leave a few minutes off before turn it on, works. However if I turn off the PC and keep it in the wall socket and turn it on again, turns pink.

I bought a new case for my computer and I will make the change this weekend. Maybe I find a problem in the cables. I'll post here what happened after the change. :sigh!:

It's really very strange.

As you say this is indeed strange. I am wondering what could be happening.

1. If you don't run CL4 on system start-up and don't run it at all what happens?
  2. What is in the firmware registers after the green goes away? The only way I know of to find out is for you to run my SIV utility and to post the Menu->Tools->Link LEDs panel.

• 2 weeks later...
As you say this is indeed strange. I am wondering what could be happening.

1. If you don't run CL4 on system start-up and don't run it at all what happens?
  2. What is in the firmware registers after the green goes away? The only way I know of to find out is for you to run my SIV utility and to post the Menu->Tools->Link LEDs panel.

1) With the CL4 open or closed the results are the same.

I noticed that now when it boots in white color, it remains white. This excludes the possibility of the pump be suffering with the heat.

2) Here is the link of the image of the SIV.

http://ap.imagensbrasil.org/images/SIV.jpg

Could it be a temperature problem i.e. when the computer starts from cold (rather than a reboot) everything works ok but as the pump housing warms up, the LED malfunctions?

Initially I thought the same thing snapper69. However, now he remains white regardless of the use of the PC.

The difficulty is that he does not maintain a linearity of behavior, thus, is more difficult to know who is influencing the exchange of colors.

• 3 years later...
Sorry if I resurrected this old discussion, in my hydro h115i I have the exact same problem with the same symptoms as yours and I am going crazy looking for a definitive solution :(, have you then solved via software? Or have you made a rma replacement?