Corsair Community

Multiple issues

Mapantz

I decided to give icue a go. First impressions were good. But, after using it for a few hours, I think I will uninstall it.

Firstly, like Link, my HDD is constantly clicking from the polling. However, I could close Link and still keep the RGB demo working across my fans and LED's and not have the annoying clicking. If I close icue, there's two corsair processes still running, and my HDD is still clicking.

Second; A strange thing is happening with other windows, mainly Chrome. If Chrome is maximized, I could push the mouse right over to where the scrollbar is and click to move up and down a webpage. I cannot do that after I opened icue up to the focused window. I uninstalled icue, rebooted and all was fine again. I installed icue once more, open it up, then went to my browser, and the same thing happened. The mouse pointer is going beyond the right of the scrollbar as if the window isn't maximised - which of course, it is.

Third; Not sure if it's a bug, or a bad design. It allows you to sort of individually address each LED on the LED strips. For example, you can have every other LED lit up, and the others off. However, you're unable to change the colours of each LED (on static mode)

The same thing happens with the LL Fan hub.

Third; Not sure if it's a bug, or a bad design. It allows you to sort of individually address each LED on the LED strips. For example, you can have every other LED lit up, and the others off. However, you're unable to change the colours of each LED (on static mode)

The same thing happens with the LL Fan hub.

Do you mean like this bud?

3Z7QGGW.png

• Corsair Employee

Hi Mapantz,

1.) This is a carryover from LINK because we actually use the same driver. If I recall, the source of the problem is actually from the CPUID module we use. Its supposed to be in the process of being resolved but I will follow-up with the team.

2.) I can't reproduce this. Is it possible for you to provide me a screencapture?

3.) Create a new static layer for every color you choose. Thats how you can get multiple static colors to exist on a single strip.

Corsair James & zotty; thank you for the static addressable LED's pointer. I did manage to work it out. Although, you have to admit, it's not exactly easy to figure it out? :laughing:

re CPUID; I fully understand that. However, I can close Link and the clicking stops, as all corsair tasks stop. They don't with icue.

Check the screenshot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=32679&stc=1&d=1522182264

They both stay open and the clicking continues. I have to manually 'end task' to stop it.

re screenshot for the window bug; I can't really screenshot it, as I have nothing to show. Basically, Chrome is becoming like a resized window (even though it's maximized) the mouse simply goes off the screen to the right. If I click, it sends me to the window below it.

It might sound as though it isn't a bug with icue, but it only started after installing icue, and it goes away if I uninstall it. It's something to do with the window focus of icue, that's all I can tell you.

2112141017_2018-03-27(3).png.17396c51608129184388518efbdb726a.png

• Corsair Employee
Our service does stay open so when you restart the software, the logging is reported immediately. I asked the dev team just now and they reported that CPUID is almost done with implementing a fix. Once its released and tested, we can include it with an iCUE update.

• 2 months later...
I to have had the issue in which the x button or scroll bar is not usable from the right side of the screen after installing icue. This actually seems to be because there is a small gap on the right side. I have specifically made this account to be able to post this issue so I will provide screenshots. I am using a 1080p monitor for a sense of scale and the application is Microsoft Edge but it happens on almost every program but one it doesn't happen in is Discord, but that could just be because I use a custom theme. It only happens when the program is maximized but not when fullscreen. You can still select things on that side of the screen but not when your mouse is selecting the last pixel to the right of the screen. I think this had something to do with the "show Cue space" feature when you right click the little Corsair icon on the bottom right because it only uses the space above the task bar and that is the only space on the screen that is affected. I am still able to select the show desktop button to the very right of the task bar even when my mouse is selecting the very last pixel to the right and "show Cue space" doesn't use that space so I'm assuming that is the problem.

1.thumb.PNG.f65bf80aeb1364bdb1145795db875f98.PNG

Archived