Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

Is macro support on your to-do list? I don't mind adding it myself (yay, open-source!), but it looks like the macro keys currently aren't even detected and I don't have the foggiest notion on where to start on that.

Oh, and thank you so much, MSC and xly, for your work on getting this running on OS X

Edited by TheOtherDave

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there's actually a rudimentary macro system already in the daemon. You just can't access it from the GUI yet.

The G keys are all unbound by default because...well, there aren't any sane mappings for them, actually. You can monitor them using the "notify" command. For instance, if you open up a Terminal and run "echo notify g1 g2 g3 g4 g5 g6 g7 g8 g9 g10 g11 g12 g13 g14 g15 g16 g17 g18 > /tmp/ckb1/cmd && cat /tmp/ckb1/notify0", you'll get an event stream that reacts every time you press one of those keys. There's more info on commands like this in DAEMON.md.

Makes sense. Added it to the documentation.

Did you forget to use "sudo"? The OSX driver has this problem if it's not run as root. In the latest version I've added some code to prevent it from running like that.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try switching the keyboard into BIOS mode using the switch on the back, or try plugging it into a different computer to see if it still happens.

Thanks, that fixed it :D

Ckb app seems to have memory leak, that strikes like four times in a week :sigh!: it uses 64gigs(i have 8gigs?!) of memory and crashes...

Hi,

I've registered to thank MSC for his fantastic work on this driver, he even went to the extent of adding features to support my non-RGB K70 Vengeance. I hope he (or I) will be able to implement the per key lightning as he did for the K70 RGB because this is the reason I bought this expensive gear (though I am happy with the material quality). I tested on windows (thoug my main kernel is linux) and apparently it isn't possible with corsair's software. I hope it's not a firmware limitation ? As I can program per-key lightning via the keyboard interface, I would be very disappointed if it were not possible programmaticaly. Any hint from a Corsair tech please ?

Thanks, that fixed it :D

Ckb app seems to have memory leak, that strikes like four times in a week :sigh!: it uses 64gigs(i have 8gigs?!) of memory and crashes...

It gets up to 64GB and doesn't crash your system? O_o Weird. I'll see what I can find.

Hi,

I've registered to thank MSC for his fantastic work on this driver, he even went to the extent of adding features to support my non-RGB K70 Vengeance. I hope he (or I) will be able to implement the per key lightning as he did for the K70 RGB because this is the reason I bought this expensive gear (though I am happy with the material quality). I tested on windows (thoug my main kernel is linux) and apparently it isn't possible with corsair's software. I hope it's not a firmware limitation ? As I can program per-key lightning via the keyboard interface, I would be very disappointed if it were not possible programmaticaly. Any hint from a Corsair tech please ?

I don't believe there's any method to program them via software, but I'd need someone from Corsair to confirm that.

Dude ... this driver is awesome :D Waaay better then the official one for Windows. Less laggy and looks cleaner, nice work!

Also the animations run much smoother compared to Windows ... probably it's running there with only 15 FPS?

Hey MSC,

Big thanks for creating these drivers. I have a k70 rgb that I'm planning on trying out your drivers on. I had a question though, previously in one of your posts you mentioned supported layouts. I didn't see dvorak on it. Any chance you could include that in your next update? Thanks!

PS: I know I'm weird

Dude ... this driver is awesome :D Waaay better then the official one for Windows. Less laggy and looks cleaner, nice work!

Also the animations run much smoother compared to Windows ... probably it's running there with only 15 FPS?

The windows driver is really weird with frame rates, sometimes the animations are smooth, but sometimes they slow down, as if it decides it needs to drop to a lower frame rate but then never picks it back up. Not sure what's up with that.

Hey MSC,

Big thanks for creating these drivers. I have a k70 rgb that I'm planning on trying out your drivers on. I had a question though, previously in one of your posts you mentioned supported layouts. I didn't see dvorak on it. Any chance you could include that in your next update? Thanks!

PS: I know I'm weird

Sure, I'll add it to the support list.

(Keep in mind the driver itself doesn't dictate key layout; you can still pick Dvorak in your system settings, and it will work, it's just that the app will call them by the wrong names)

I believe there might be a memory leak with ckb, always happens when the keyboard disconnects before the program shuts down. Leak hasn't materialised under ordinary circumstances.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Im a total newbie at this so please help me out here.

Have a K70 RGB.

Now I got it to work...finally

Is there any of your animations for downloading?

Very glad for help

I'm not sure I understand the question. When you load the program you should be able to use the "Gradient", "Pinwheel", "Raindrop", "Random", "Ripple", and "Wave" animations (several of them are present in the application's default profile). I don't have any other animations available at this time.

I'm still having issues with the backspace key taking a good 4 seconds before the repeats start. Is this something with the keyboard driver, or something in the Mac OS that I'm missing? Other than that, things are working flawlessly! Phenomenal job!

Not sure, it seems to work fine for me. How long should the delay be? I'd suspect the problem has to do with the key-repeat timer being very imprecise. I'll try to have an update for it soon.

You may want to look at these settings in System Preferences:

QcJ8TjE.png

The defaults are quite slow. I did fix the timing precision in the daemon, so the response should be identical to the system setting now (although you have to restart the daemon in order for any changes to take effect).

EDIT: I just noticed that running the daemon as a launchd service instead of starting it manually made the timing problem a lot worse. I think the latest commit will fix your problem.

Edited by MSC

Hello. I'm new here and use Ubuntu Linux more than I do Windows, so this is exciting. Where in this long thread does one find the driver to download? Is it hard to install or compile? Are there instructions for this in this thread or somewhere? Thanks.

It's at the GitHub link in the first post (sorry - I've edited it to clarify that). It should be fairly straightforward; you just need to run a couple of terminal commands.

Is there a program for Corsair M65 RGB mouse for mac as good as this one?

Not that I'm aware of, sorry.

The key repeats appear to be fixed! I also love the fact that I don't have to run a script to swap the command and option keys. Out of curiosity, why in CKB do you have it swap the control and command keys? Everything is working very well though! Thanks again!

Mostly it's just a convenience for people like me who are used to Windows/Linux style shortcuts and don't want to change :P

You can also swap them in the Binding tab, of course, but then you have to do it for every mode in every profile. And if you copy one of those profiles from an OSX machine to a Linux machine (not currently possible, but will be eventually) then they'd be backwards in Linux. So the motivation is being able to change the modifiers in a way that supersedes the keyboard profile, basically. In a future version I'll extend it so that you can swap any of the modifiers, not just Cmd and Ctrl.

It's at the GitHub link in the first post (sorry - I've edited it to clarify that). It should be fairly straightforward; you just need to run a couple of terminal commands.

OK, see that now...sorry I missed it. Before I embark on this [as I mostly use Linux/Ubuntu] let me say that my older K95 functioned a a basic keyboard in Ubuntu w/o problem..but I RMA's it and now have a K95-RGB which is NOT working in Linux much of the time....some keys [or all keys] stop working suddenly...before I go this route with your wonderful project - is my new board in need of your program or to first be RMA'd again?! When it freezes up and stops giving key commands it also on turning off the computer stays lit up like a Christmas tree and sometimes spontaneously goes into nice patterns I didn't ask it to do. Nothing but unplugging it will stop this. Whether it works at all; for a while; or not at all in Ubuntu seems to be chance and can change while working - with no seeming change to programs or keyboard. Very strange behavior - even the brightness keys don't work when it goes 'odd'. Any thoughts. If it is buggy, it will be with your progam too, most likely. Thanks and thanks for your project. It is the way to go...for many / all reasons!

Edited by crazybear

Would you mind just adding another checkbox, or some way to swap the command and option keys? That way it functions like a standard mac keyboard. Either way, switching the keybindings manually isn't that difficult.

Yeah, like I said, I'll include settings to swap all of them. Should be finished in a day or two.

I'm wondering if this driver will solve a problem i'm having with the k90RGB? It only responds one out of every ten times I log into Linux

Definitely should. You may need to apply the kernel parameters listed in the troubleshooting section, though.

OK, see that now...sorry I missed it. Before I embark on this [as I mostly use Linux/Ubuntu] let me say that my older K95 functioned a a basic keyboard in Ubuntu w/o problem..but I RMA's it and now have a K95-RGB which is NOT working in Linux much of the time....some keys [or all keys] stop working suddenly...before I go this route with your wonderful project - is my new board in need of your program or to first be RMA'd again?! When it freezes up and stops giving key commands it also on turning off the computer stays lit up like a Christmas tree and sometimes spontaneously goes into nice patterns I didn't ask it to do. Nothing but unplugging it will stop this. Whether it works at all; for a while; or not at all in Ubuntu seems to be chance and can change while working - with no seeming change to programs or keyboard. Very strange behavior - even the brightness keys don't work when it goes 'odd'. Any thoughts. If it is buggy, it will be with your progam too, most likely. Thanks and thanks for your project. It is the way to go...for many / all reasons!

If it has those problems in Windows with CUE running then it most likely needs to be RMA'd again. If they're limited to Linux then this driver should solve them.