Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi MSC, recently got the K70 RBG and it has been working great because of your drivers. Is it possible on the latest pre-compiled mac binaries to import CUE profiles? I have been looking for a way and can't find one.

Gah - I need to add a FAQ for this. No, it's not supported yet.

(sorry, I have a lot of people asking that question)

I can't use the volume button. Should it work on K70?

If the keyboard is in BIOS mode (blinking scroll lock light) or your sound card doesn't support volume controls then it won't work. If neither of those applies, it should function correctly. However, some OSX users have reported that the volume wheel doesn't work with the driver, and unfortunately I have no idea why. So it might be that issue. :/

I just got a K95 RGB. I'm a former mac user who has switched to windows at home, but a large majority of my industry is Mac based. working the hours that I do I was hoping to use this at work. I tried running the pre-compiled version but haven't had much luck getting it to run. Unfortunately the system provided is stuck back on OSX 10.7.5. So I'm wondering if there is another version I could try or any tips people have for compiling it for that environment.

Thanks.

I just got a K95 RGB. I'm a former mac user who has switched to windows at home, but a large majority of my industry is Mac based. working the hours that I do I was hoping to use this at work. I tried running the pre-compiled version but haven't had much luck getting it to run. Unfortunately the system provided is stuck back on OSX 10.7.5. So I'm wondering if there is another version I could try or any tips people have for compiling it for that environment.

Thanks.

I don't have any plans to support OSX versions earlier than 10.9. Sorry about that. :( If anyone is able to send me a patch to get it working on 10.7 I'll certainly accept it.

I can't use the volume button. Should it work on K70?

Actually, I just had a realization about this. Try v0.0.46 and see if that fixes it for you.

I think the problem might be the way that the driver was instantly releasing the volume key after pressing it, since the wheel doesn't generate key-up events. I remember the K65 having this same problem until I disabled it (since the K65 actually does give key-up events, it didn't make sense anyway). So now I have it release after a slight delay - hopefully that does the trick.

Ok but how should I do to get that version.

I tried to uninstall ckb-master and reinstalled it and build it in qtcreator and opened the terminal and wrote the sudo command.

The program worked fine but not the volume control.

Can u please tell me the right way to do it.

Hrm...sounds like it's still not working then. I'll update you if I have any other ideas. Unfortunately I've never been able to reproduce the problem on any of my computers, so I'm a bit stuck in terms of fixing it.

Only revision that comes to mind is this one: e951a3c46a, which was right before I made a change to the volume wheel handling. Using this version the volume wheel does NOT work for me, but maybe it's reversed for some people?

There's also a list of all commits at https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/commits, you can click on a commit and then click "Browse files" at the top to see the page for that version. You can then use the "Download zip" option to download it. But there are a lot of commits there, so I can certainly understand if you don't have time to test them.

Hi got my k70 over the weekend. Got it working on OSX Yosemite with this. thanks a lot!

Just one question. The CKB app doesn't hide on startup. I do check the box to hide the app on startup but it still pops up... Anyone know why that is?

I looked into it and it turns out that supporting a Login Item correctly is a lot of work...gee, thanks Apple. :rolleyes:

I'll get it working sometime, but it looks like you're stuck with that for now, sorry.

Yes, I agree.....volume wheel was working a few days ago. Is not now [with latest version] on my K95 RGB. However, this seems to be only in Ubuntu 14.04 not in 12.04, for me....strange.

I need to correct this, I think the 'problem' comes only when ckb is not started. When it is, sound button and wheel work properly; when it is not, they do not.

I looked into it and it turns out that supporting a Login Item correctly is a lot of work...gee, thanks Apple. :rolleyes:

I'll get it working sometime, but it looks like you're stuck with that for now, sorry.

No problem :) Thanks a million!

MSC - Huge thanks for creating this, makes my K95 RGB purchase worth it!

I've noticed a strange bug - when I scroll my mouse wheel (Logitech G700s), it released any held modifier keys (ctrl, win, alt). I've had a quick look through this thread and the GitHub issues page and couldn't find any other mentions. I'm using a Mac Mini running OSX 10.10.2, let me know if any other info would be helpful :)

I need to correct this, I think the 'problem' comes only when ckb is not started. When it is, sound button and wheel work properly; when it is not, they do not.

You're right, that was the problem. Should be fixed now.

MSC - Huge thanks for creating this, makes my K95 RGB purchase worth it!

I've noticed a strange bug - when I scroll my mouse wheel (Logitech G700s), it released any held modifier keys (ctrl, win, alt). I've had a quick look through this thread and the GitHub issues page and couldn't find any other mentions. I'm using a Mac Mini running OSX 10.10.2, let me know if any other info would be helpful :)

Does the mouse use custom software? If so it's possible that there's a conflict. I assume the K95 is the only keyboard connected?

I also want to add HEART FELT thanks to MSC for this effort. I was going to return my RGB board, as it wasn't working with Ubuntu...but now it is!..and getting better and better!

A question to anyone out there with a Gigabyte MB and Award BIOS [like me]: Are you having no success [as I] with the RGB board being recognized during boot? I can't use it until the Ubuntu program starts up - leaving me to have to have two keyboards on the desk. Just wanted to know if it was the GA MB or something else. I've tried the BIOS switch, but for me it makes NO difference. Thanks. I'll report the responses to Corsair Technical Support. MSC can do nothing about this...he's great, but not a magician.

Does the mouse use custom software? If so it's possible that there's a conflict. I assume the K95 is the only keyboard connected?

It does use custom software, but that isn't necessary for the mouse to function, it just allows you to do fancy profile changing stuff automatically, which I don't use.

The K95 isn't the only keyboard connected, I also have a Logitech K800 connected which is used when it's in "HTPC mode". The bug isn't present with the K800 though, even when the K95 is also connected.

It's not a massive deal, and probably due to the above external factors, but thought you might like to know anyway :)

Just wanted leave massive thanks for the hard work. I just ordered my K70 RGB (birthday present) and I'm glad someone stepped up to take care of Corsair's negligence in supporting Linux :)

Also donated some cash to prove that open source people will pay for quality efforts :D

Actually I think the problem was caused by the ckb driver not intercepting scroll events. Should be fixed now.

Just re-built from github - it's behaving differently, but not working quite yet. It used to release the modifier key on any mouse event (not just scroll), which it doesn't do any more. Unfortunately, there seems to be something else going on - the OS still doesn't recognise the ctrl+scroll command to zoom, which works when the driver is disabled.

I noticed something else after re-building - on the "K95 RGB", "Device" tab there is a button next to Status that reads "Up to date", clicking it tells me that there is a firmware update available, but that I need a new version of ckb. Possible bug, as I've only just downloaded the latest version.

Just wanted leave massive thanks for the hard work. I just ordered my K70 RGB (birthday present) and I'm glad someone stepped up to take care of Corsair's negligence in supporting Linux :)

Also donated some cash to prove that open source people will pay for quality efforts :D

Thanks, much appreciated :)

Just re-built from github - it's behaving differently, but not working quite yet. It used to release the modifier key on any mouse event (not just scroll), which it doesn't do any more. Unfortunately, there seems to be something else going on - the OS still doesn't recognise the ctrl+scroll command to zoom, which works when the driver is disabled.

I noticed something else after re-building - on the "K95 RGB", "Device" tab there is a button next to Status that reads "Up to date", clicking it tells me that there is a firmware update available, but that I need a new version of ckb. Possible bug, as I've only just downloaded the latest version.

Remapped modifiers, maybe? Zooming is usually Cmd+scroll, not Ctrl.

The firmware popup is probably caused by an issue with reading the version file during the build process (it can be kind of stubborn about that, I haven't found a good solution for it). If your keyboard is running 1.15 then it's already up to date, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Remapped modifiers, maybe? Zooming is usually Cmd+scroll, not Ctrl.

I think they're all set as default at the moment and Ctrl+scroll is currently set to zoom in system preferences. I've just tried changing it to Cmd+scroll and Option+scroll and they didn't work either :(:. Would be interested to hear if any other mac users can reproduce this?

An Imgur album showing the current settings in case that helps - http://imgur.com/a/AuRqi

The firmware popup is probably caused by an issue with reading the version file during the build process (it can be kind of stubborn about that, I haven't found a good solution for it). If your keyboard is running 1.15 then it's already up to date, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Ah that's good to know. Very excited about the firmware/driver update function :)

Thanks again for the replies!