Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I *think* I've finally got a solution that solves all of the weird key input problems. Tested it out with the accessibility zoom today and it seems to be working now. Not sure if this will solve the volume wheel issue or not.

FYI, if you're upgrading from 0.0.52 to 0.0.53 you need to upgrade both the daemon and ckb at the same time - I changed the device path that they use to communicate, so if you don't do both at once they won't be able to talk to each other.

I tried to rebuild in Qt and I'm getting these errors -

:-1: error: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

:-1: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I haven't used Qt much before, does anyone know how to get around this?

my k70 wont always connect and most of the time i get a "usbdequeue (firmware.c:21): Operation not permitted" message

What distro? Have you tried following the troubleshooting section (kernel cmdline options, BIOS mode, leaving keyboard unplugged at boot, etc)?

Everything is working fine now except for the volume wheel.

Wonder what cause the problem

Bummer. :/ If anyone else has any ideas about this I'd love to hear them.

I tried to rebuild in Qt and I'm getting these errors -

:-1: error: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

:-1: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I haven't used Qt much before, does anyone know how to get around this?

Sorry, I made a last minute change and it broke the OSX build. It's fixed now.

Sorry, I made a last minute change and it broke the OSX build. It's fixed now.

Indeed it is :D Got the same error the first time i tried to build, rebuilt and it went through fine :) Ctrl+scroll zooming is working great, thanks so much!

Just a side note, not sure if this is default behavior in MacOSX, but when Caps lock is on, and I press shift, it does not make the letters lowercase. They all stay uppercase regardless of whether shift is being pressed. Not really a problem, just an observation. Other than that, things are running swimmingly! Thanks again for all the hard work!

Hi all,

I've just moved over to a Mac, and so OS X (Yosemite) is really new to me, anyway i've bought the K70 RGB and decided to have a go at installing the drivers to try and learn my new system.

So first all really sorry for coming across as stupid, but just want to make sure i'm doing this right, i've:-

1. Downloaded the pre-compiled binary alpha-v0.0.52

2. Unzipped that to create the ckb.app

3. Copied ckb.app to my applications folder

4. Copied service/launchd/com.ckb.daemon.plist to /Library/LaunchDaemons

5. I run the command - sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo chmod 0700

6. (after entering correct password) i then run the command -/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo launchctl load

This is where i then get an error:

"line 1: syntax error near unexpected token 'new line'"

Am i doing things in a wrong order? or have i forgotten to install something, or do i need to tweak that first line in the file com.ckb.daemon.plist?

Again, sorry if i'm being really dumb, just trying to work my round this new system.

Thanks for any help, and thank MSC for putting this all together and Xiy

Alibowl

Hi all,

I've just moved over to a Mac, and so OS X (Yosemite) is really new to me, anyway i've bought the K70 RGB and decided to have a go at installing the drivers to try and learn my new system.

So first all really sorry for coming across as stupid, but just want to make sure i'm doing this right, i've:-

1. Downloaded the pre-compiled binary alpha-v0.0.52

2. Unzipped that to create the ckb.app

3. Copied ckb.app to my applications folder

4. Copied service/launchd/com.ckb.daemon.plist to /Library/LaunchDaemons

5. I run the command - sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo chmod 0700

6. (after entering correct password) i then run the command -/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo launchctl load

This is where i then get an error:

"line 1: syntax error near unexpected token 'new line'"

Am i doing things in a wrong order? or have i forgotten to install something, or do i need to tweak that first line in the file com.ckb.daemon.plist?

Again, sorry if i'm being really dumb, just trying to work my round this new system.

Thanks for any help, and thank MSC for putting this all together and Xiy

Alibowl

The final command is just one line:

sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo chmod 0700 /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist

Looks like you tried to enter it as three (sorry, github wraps the text, I don't think I can stop it). If you paste that into one line and then run it, it should work :)

On OS X with the cob util, is there a way to setup a macro for shift+contro+power (use to be the eject key on older macbook pros)? This work is incredible and it works extremely well! Thank you.

Not yet. Key combos are planned for a future version.

Just wanted to say thanks to the guy that wrote the driver...

A little fiddling mostly with getting QT5 installed properly and everything works.

I started with the K90 which failed quick and corsair upgraded it to a K95. That has worked well for almost 2 years and then 20+ LEDs went out on it... Contacted Corsair and they sent me out a K95RGB.

I was ready to toss the new one out the window...Dual boot system.... Windows 7 had to uninstall the old software and install the new using an alternate keyboard... the system refused to boot past the BIOS screen no matter what position the switch on the keyboard was in, or which USB ports I used. Once in windows and with the correct driver I was able to do all the normal stuff, but still no system boot with it plugged in.

Of course it was completely non-functional in Fedora until I installed this driver. Configured the keyboard and hit 'save to hardware'.....

Now the system boots and everything works properly with both windows and linux... All I can figure is something was gimped up from the original install in windows and the 'save to hardware' somehow reset it to make it work properly.

Made a donation through the github page link

Robert

Edited by robbob2112

So here is the only odd thing I notice since getting it installed.

The keyboard only works with both plugs using front panel USB 2.0 ports... these plug into a header on the motherboard. When I plug in just the 'keyboard' labelled cable into a USB 3 port or both cables into USB ports on the back of the motherboard the keyboard doesn't seem to be recognized...

Seems a bit strange... maybe I need to update the motherboard firmware or something.

Robert

Just wanted to say thanks to the guy that wrote the driver...

A little fiddling mostly with getting QT5 installed properly and everything works.

I started with the K90 which failed quick and corsair upgraded it to a K95. That has worked well for almost 2 years and then 20+ LEDs went out on it... Contacted Corsair and they sent me out a K95RGB.

I was ready to toss the new one out the window...Dual boot system.... Windows 7 had to uninstall the old software and install the new using an alternate keyboard... the system refused to boot past the BIOS screen no matter what position the switch on the keyboard was in, or which USB ports I used. Once in windows and with the correct driver I was able to do all the normal stuff, but still no system boot with it plugged in.

Of course it was completely non-functional in Fedora until I installed this driver. Configured the keyboard and hit 'save to hardware'.....

Now the system boots and everything works properly with both windows and linux... All I can figure is something was gimped up from the original install in windows and the 'save to hardware' somehow reset it to make it work properly.

Made a donation through the github page link

Robert

Sorry, I just meant a way to map say the Page Up key to Eject/Power on a mac. I wasn't sure how to trigger that key that is on my MBP.

Ah, no, the power button isn't supported yet either. Right now it's limited to only the keys that are on the keyboard. I'm planning to fix it sometime in the next few weeks.

So here is the only odd thing I notice since getting it installed.

The keyboard only works with both plugs using front panel USB 2.0 ports... these plug into a header on the motherboard. When I plug in just the 'keyboard' labelled cable into a USB 3 port or both cables into USB ports on the back of the motherboard the keyboard doesn't seem to be recognized...

Seems a bit strange... maybe I need to update the motherboard firmware or something.

Robert

Interesting...a lot of people seem to have issues like that, it's one of the reasons I usually ask to try every possible port on the computer (or a USB hub). I'd guess it's either a motherboard issue or something that Corsair needs to sort out in the keyboard firmware. Anyway, at least it's working with some of the ports.

Thanks for the donation, btw :)

Having trouble getting to work in archlinux. The daemon seems to start but not ckb.

./ckb

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb".

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, kms, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, xcb.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Aborted (core dumped)

Too bad its qt and not gtk.

As always, everything is working phenomenally, and thank you so much for all your hard work!

Is there any way to increase the timing accuracy from 0.1 seconds to 0.01 seconds? Also, can we start the menu item minimized, instead of having the full window visible? Thank you so much!

I've been having issues with my K70 RGB not working once I enter Terminal commands on OSX.

I followed all the steps to Running as a service on OSX, however, once I run the terminal commands, my K70 stops responding to the keys that I press. The only fix that I've found is deleting the "com.ckb.daemon.plist" file and then restarting my computer.

Procedure:

1) Download CKB.app

2) Download CKB zip & Unzip

3) Navigate to "com.ckb.daemon.plist" and drag into /Library/LaunchDaemons

4) Open terminal and enter "sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo chmod 0700"

5) Enter Password

6) Enter "/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo launchctl load"

7) Enter "/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist"

Once I copy and paste #6 & #7, my K70 Stops responding to keys. When I open CKB.app, my K70 isn't detected.

Im not sure if I'm just being an idiot and wasting your guys time, either way, I'd love some help with this issue and would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by SulyvanTM
Stuff man.

@SulyvanTM

4) Open terminal and enter "sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo chmod 0700"

5) Enter Password

Try to copy & past this line as it is in the terminal and hit enter: sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo chmod 0700 /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist

Having trouble getting to work in archlinux. The daemon seems to start but not ckb.

Too bad its qt and not gtk.

Based on googling, it looks like you're missing libxcb or something related to it. Here's what I got from pacman -Qs xcb on my system:

local/cairo 1.14.2-1
   Cairo vector graphics library
local/lib32-libxcb 1.11-1
   X11 client-side library (32-bit)
local/libxcb 1.11-1
   X11 client-side library
local/libxkbcommon-x11 0.5.0-1
   Keyboard handling library using XKB data for X11 XCB clients
local/xcb-proto 1.11-1
   XML-XCB protocol descriptions
local/xcb-util 0.4.0-1
   Utility libraries for XC Binding
local/xcb-util-image 0.4.0-1
   Utility libraries for XC Binding - Port of Xlib's XImage and XShmImage functions
local/xcb-util-keysyms 0.4.0-1
   Utility libraries for XC Binding - Standard X key constants and conversion to/from
   keycodes
local/xcb-util-renderutil 0.3.9-1
   Utility libraries for XC Binding - Convenience functions for the Render extension
local/xcb-util-wm 0.4.1-1
   Utility libraries for XC Binding - client and window-manager helpers for ICCCM

I'm guessing that installing libxcb and lib32-libxcb would fix it for you.

As always, everything is working phenomenally, and thank you so much for all your hard work!

Is there any way to increase the timing accuracy from 0.1 seconds to 0.01 seconds? Also, can we start the menu item minimized, instead of having the full window visible? Thank you so much!

The reason why the timing doesn't get more precise is because it runs at the same frame rate as the animations - so if you're running at 30FPS, for instance, you couldn't get anything shorter than 0.03s anyway. So it's probably going to stay at 0.1s minimum, sorry.

If you're using the "start at login" option within ckb it *should* be starting minimized. Launching the app manually will bring up the GUI. Make sure you don't have ckb in your login items (they're a separate option and will cause the GUI to appear)

I've been having issues with my K70 RGB not working once I enter Terminal commands on OSX.

I followed all the steps to Running as a service on OSX, however, once I run the terminal commands, my K70 stops responding to the keys that I press. The only fix that I've found is deleting the "com.ckb.daemon.plist" file and then restarting my computer.

Procedure:

1) Download CKB.app

2) Download CKB zip & Unzip

3) Navigate to "com.ckb.daemon.plist" and drag into /Library/LaunchDaemons

5) Enter Password

Once I copy and paste #6 & #7, my K70 Stops responding to keys. When I open CKB.app, my K70 isn't detected.

Im not sure if I'm just being an idiot and wasting your guys time, either way, I'd love some help with this issue and would greatly appreciate it.

@SulyvanTM

Try to copy & past this line as it is in the terminal and hit enter: sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo chmod 0700 /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist && sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist

I think Dragonsshout's answer is correct. Also, is this a K70 RGB or a regular K70? The regular K70s haven't been fully tested with OSX, it's possible that there's a problem with the driver if that's what you have.