Corsair Community

Same kind of GPU defect as KerryOne

Aghoithae

Hi,

I just came back from vacation today and plugged the Corsair One Pro in a new Dell S2417dg 144Hz 1440p monitor. Before that, 3 weeks ago, I only used the One Pro on my TV to check if it wasn't defect on arrival...

Well, I ran the UNIGINE Heaven benchmark and after like 10mins the screen went black and the fans went crazy loud. I made a reset, as the computer was not responding, and there are white vertical artefacts lines all over the display, same on my TV and the dell monitor, even in BIOS menu -> dead GPU (the device manager says code 43 the gpu can't be initialised).

Fortunately the DOA date of my order is 12 May, so I am exchanging it for a new and hopfully working unit.

I wonder if this is at all related to other posts I've done. Is this related to there not being supply at the moment for Pro and TI? Could it be the Video Cards go pop! after being pushed to their limits with minimal Power Supplies? Very interesting. Maybe it's best I wait before purchase for all the bugs are worked out or at the least hear some real answers from Corsair.

I feel you have sound thinking in waiting zguy85 but I have to say that all the reviews I read and viewed indicated that all was good, and I read and viewed many, thus my prompt purchase.

Still i am having faith that all will be sorted in a timely fashion and I will very soon have a working Corsair One Pro sitting in the space I have allocated on my desk.

• Corsair Employee

Hi Aghoithae and KerryOne,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with CORSAIR ONE. Please give our technical support team a call or proceed to the RMA website ( corsair.force.com/corsairone ) to create a ticket so we may better assist you. Please let me know if you have any other question. Thank you.

Archived