Corsair Community

Corsair Vengence 1500 problem

WardeR

Hi,

I just received this headset for Christmas, and was pretty excited,

Currently I'm using the software version 2.0.0.4 and when i open up a Team Speak server there is a minor not overly annoying but i can defiantly hear the noise, its like a low hiss, like the speakers are on, i kinda figured this is normal. and i can deal with that sound.

However when ever i play a game on the PC, ex Black Ops 2 or Dota 2, the audio will sometimes freak out is really the only term i have for it, every sound goes static-y, and it still processes the sound, but its distorted and i have to attempt to reset the sound. this happens 2-3 times in an hour.

It is usually fixed by switching the audio type to Bypass from Dolby 7.1 or Dolby headset, but then the audio will fritz on that and i would switch it back, its a quick fix and was hoping i could get some advice on a longer fix, or if i should RMA and hope that the next headset wont do this.

Thanks for any information,

WardeR

Hey mate, the static sound when you use teamspeak, mumble, skype, etc is a defect from the headphones wich ****in sucks with the money you gave to buy them. Corssair will say that its not normal and that you should send them to RMA, but believe me the headset is just broken.

The Minor static when using Vent, TS, or Mumble w/e is not the problem i have, i can deal with that minor static, and i figured it was probably normal. But the MAJOR problem i have is the sound distortion with games.

Archived