Corsair Community

Commander Pro and Commander Core

bmoye70

Just recently purchased the H150i Elite Capellix 360mm AIO for my system.

- I currently had a Commander Pro and Lighting Node hooked up. Problem I have is that I am having to connect both the Commander Pro and Commander Core each to their own USB 2.0 header on motherboard. Unfortunately this eats up all my USB 2.0 headers and now I cannot connect my USB 2.0 headers from the front of my case to use.

- Can the Commander Core be hooked up the Commander Pro somehow? I notice that the Commander Pro has 2 USB ports on it with USB 2.0 headers. I tried that and when I did all fans run at 100% (which is what I don't want) and iCue could not located the H150i. It showed the Commander Core for a few minutes and it tried to update then closed out immediately. Once I connected the Commander Core to its own USB 2.0 header on the motherboard iCue read it perfectly fine, let it update and allows me to control the fans and the pump and lighting through iCue.

- I take it that the Commander Pro needs it own USB 2.0 header to work and not be routed through the Commander Pro?

- I have 6 LL120's White RGB fans in my case that I have connected to the Commander Pro for power and then through the Lighting Node for RGB support.

Any help would be appreciated because I would like to use my USB 2.0 ports on the front of my case.

Thanks.

It's odd that the Commander Core (CoCo) didn't work when connected to the CoPro's USB ports. I've not seen that (personally) but the CoCo is still new ... we may see these issue crop up with certain motherboards.

Another option is to get an internal USB hub. Many of us have used the NZXT internal USB Hub but there are others out there now. I have this one on my test bench with both a CoPro and a CoCo connected to it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHQF92K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

It's odd that the Commander Core (CoCo) didn't work when connected to the CoPro's USB ports. I've not seen that (personally) but the CoCo is still new ... we may see these issue crop up with certain motherboards.

Another option is to get an internal USB hub. Many of us have used the NZXT internal USB Hub but there are others out there now. I have this one on my test bench with both a CoPro and a CoCo connected to it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHQF92K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

This device is a possibility. Like I said I just need to get my internal USB 2.0 headers for the front of the case to start working again so I can use them as needed for game controllers, headsets, etc.

The only thing I hate about this is having to run a cable from it to the motherboard header. I know sometimes these things can cause issues especially with how picky some of these devices can be. I also hate the fact that I have to use a Molex plug to connect to it. I have no Molex connectors connected to my RM850x Corsair power supply because I didn't need them and wanted to save on more wiring running through my case, etc. But looking at this would require 1) a Molex connector from PSU to it, 2) a cable running from it to the USB header on the motherboard and 3) hoping the devices aren't too picky about what they plug into which would be both either the Corsair Commander Pro or the Commander Core along with the USB 2.0 header coming from the front of the case. Good thing is the local Microcenter has it and could always get it and try it out. Bad thing is if it doesn't do what I need it to do then its a 35 mile drive back to the store through the horrendous Dallas traffice. lol

From what I read I think I will be better off with the NZXT one. They have it locally here that I can pick up tomorrow. Will give it a shot and see how it does even though it has a Molex power cord as well. Don't think there will be a way around that so it is what it is unfortunately.