Corsair Community

K60: Shift key issues

Paddiruku

I figured I would create an individual thread for this, as I've seen it reported a couple times in various reviews.

Anyone else have issues with the shift keys? Namely, they do no depress as far as all the other mechanical switches do. The difference between all the other keys and the shift key is very apparent. I'd go as far to say that it is more of deal breaker for me than the membrane keys (which is also a giant issue).

It messes up my typing because I hit the shift key expecting it to go down a certain way and it doesn't. In BF3, it becomes really noticeable using shift to sprint as it feels very awkward holding down the shift key, but all the other keys depress further. I'd go as far to say that the shift key feels like a membrane key to me because it doesn't actuate the same as all the other keys.

I've tried pulling it off and figuring out the issue, but there doesn't appear to be any obstructions other than the two supporting structures for it not being mechanical (the pillars to the sides of the red switch). Also, repeated use hasn't "broken it in" either.

Post here if you notice this issue with your K60 or K90.

the shift key is a little stiff due to the cheap stabilizers they used, that could be the culprit for why it doesn't go down as far too. Corsair should have used costar stabilizers like all the other big name mechanical keyboards

I just got my K90, now I have to check it out when I get home!

Let me know, I think mines getting a little bit better after breaking it in. It's tolerable now at least. I wish I could try out cherry blacks though just to confirm I really like the reds xD.

this is the response I got on the geekhack forums when asking about cherry stabilizers (which I believe Corsair uses. I posted some photos of them and people seemed to think they were)

are cherry stabilizers normally kind of difficult to push and a bit mushy and wiggly?

This seems to be the general consensus comparing the Costar style stabilizers used in Filco for example.

so, I don't think an RMA will fix it if this is how they're supposed to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

The keys are all the same as far as what Stabilizers that we use I have no information other than the Keys are all the same just balanced differently for larger buttons like the Shift and Enter Key.

As mentioned previously if they do not up I would suggest we RMA your KB and replace it.

The keys are all the same as far as what Stabilizers that we use I have no information other than the Keys are all the same just balanced differently for larger buttons like the Shift and Enter Key.

As mentioned previously if they do not up I would suggest we RMA your KB and replace it.

I might, but I have another question then as well. Is the space bar supposed to be making a "click" noise every time you press it?

Archived