Corsair Community

QLs on LN Core - different patterns per fan?

Salsiccia

Hi guys,

I am currently setting up a new build with some new QL fans on a LN Core in a new case. I want to understand what options I am going to have with iCue before I get to the point of the OS install as this will affect how I layout my fans, and my rads, and my tubing !

My basic question is - if I have 4 QL fans all connected to the same LN Core (ports 1-4) can I have a different RGB pattern on fan 1, to what I have on fans 2,3,4 ?

My reasoning is fan #1 is on a "show" position at the front of the case. Fans 2,3 and 4 are going to be more about lighting the interior of the case, which is quite dark so I am hoping to have fans 2-4 on some shade of white, while having fan 1 in an RGB sync with other case lighting at the front of the case.

If I can't achieve this on the same LN Core, that's fine, I have a spare LN core and I can put fan 1 on 1 core, and fans 2,3 and 4 on the second core and I'll be able to do it that way, but if I can save cabling and devices, that's my preference!

Yes, its a slightly different setup, but that's what I'm thinking I want - at the moment !!!

Hi James,

Thanks very much for that, that's a good start :-)

Just to clarify, can I have one pattern on one fan (say Rainbow) while having a different pattern on the other fans though (say - Static White) - that's really what I'm after.

create a new profile , under lighting channel click + sign , pick your pattern, click and drag mouse over a single fan , click the + sign under lighting channel , pick another pattern , click on another fan , and so on , I have a colour shift profile with six color shift patterns --- one for each fan , this makes the color shift different for each fan .