Corsair Community

Corsair TX850 Not booting(With video card connected)

Jayultimate1987

Hi,

I have this strange problem with my power supply. Once I connect it to the motherboard and to other hardware requiring the psu power (graphics card, hdd's, etc) It starts (lights) up for about 1-2 seconds then it shuts down. This restart cycle keeps repeating till I disconnect it from the socket.

I Later notices that when I disconnect the pci-e power connectors from the graphics card and try to start it again, it starts (lights) up. Then when I connect them again, it shuts down again and repeats the restart cycle as mentioned above.

Another development came about, when I connect the pci-e connectors back and disconnect the 8-pin cable that powers the cpu, it then lights up again. but when I connect it back, It starts the reboot cycle yet again. I tried using another psu with same hardware and it works perfectly without any glitches.

Is there anyone who understands this problem?? Please help?

Thanks In advance

I tried all the PCI-E connectors available but still nothing. I figured it might be a short between the pci-e connectors and the 8-pin powering the cpu.

I hope it is something that can get fixed in my country coz the cost of shipping it back to the seller would be just like buying another.

Alternatively, is there someway to find out where the problem is? A kind of tool that I can use to detect where the short is?

Where in the world are you? :)

Alternatively, is there someway to find out where the problem is? A kind of tool that I can use to detect where the short is?

Sure, you could use a digital multi-meter to measure the voltage at the connectors. You'll just need to jump start the PSU with a paper clip first before trying to take any readings.

Archived