Corsair Community

Padlock causes bsod

xycon

Some time ago got myself an padlock, worked fine.

It was still standard fat32 filesystem, i wanted to place 3gb file on it, this could not be done without losing file properties, or better said, it had to be a different filesystem, so i copied my data off the padlock, formatted it to nfts, unplug it just to see if everything has gone alright, replug it after using my pin, and my whole system freezes up and gives me an bsod, this now happens as soon as i enter the padlock, it has become totaly useless as it is right now.

Try the USB on another computer. Does it do the same thing?

I just used it on my moms laptop, worked fine, re-formatted it as nfts again, now works fine on my own system.

I was to try it on my moms laptop anyways and see if that would also crash, but as it didnt, makes me wonder why it did crash several times yesterday on my own system. Doesnt quite make sense.

i did some further tests, and it still continues to lock up everything on my system and a few seconds later crash it

in mean time ive tried about 10 other usb sticks .. all no problem on any system

only the padlock, and only on my system, and only since the first format from fat32 to nfts

i also cant remove the drivers to re-install them or anything, as soon as i enter it, it just crashed before i can even enter the driver menu

It should show up as a greyed out entry when you select "Show Hidden Devices", after you add a variable to environment variables.

i have tried both of those methods to get them to show up, and i have confirmed in the registery they are there and done right, but still nothing gray shows up at all

edit : nvm, they do now

the guide didnt mention anything about actualy going into the view menu and selecting yes to view hidden devices ...

Archived