Corsair Community

new AX1200i fan-click every 13 seconds

Mexianbeast

Hi everyone,

I've searched the forums and found several threads regarding the Corsair AX1200i fan clicks every other seconds on 0-rpm mode.

Well, here is mine,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTBF0maM9Uo&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

The video was recorded through a camera phone so the clicking noise might not be audible until you plug in the headphone and turn the volume way up; but you can see the fan moving every 13seconds (started 7sec into the video).

I'm guessing it's the fan bearing that's causing the noise. The issue of noise is subjective but while I'm trying to keep my whole system under 10dBA, this clicking sound (you could almost call it knocking) is very annoying and it actually sounds like somebody is light tapping a screw driver on the panel of the case every 13 seconds.

This is my 2nd experience with Corsair being the recipient of a faulty new unit; the first one being the Corsair H100i CPU cooler.

I'm not doing any RMA on this product, I'll get my money back. Already canceled my cable kits order from Corsair and unlikely to buy any product from them again.

I'm sorry Corsair, but for me spending $350 plus on a PSU, i expect it to be work hassle free. Efficiency during testing of this unit was 99% and that made me very unhappy that i can't keep it :(:

That's amazing and unfortunate. Since reading the forum, there have been quite a few posts like this so one would have to assume that this was designed in (latent design defect) and not a manufacturing error or component failure.

What could have possibly been in the minds of the design engineers when they came up with this wacky fan control architecture?

I can't believe i bought into it all the reviews and Corsair marketing hypes. The $350 price tag doesn't help either since it partially serves as a monetary indication of premium quality.

It's a good thing Corsair doesn't make any PSUs yet in the thousand dollars range otherwise i would have bought it too and be three times as pissed.

On second thought, Corsair should definitely make a $1000 PSU enriched in features such as camera, touchscreen, and definitely a skype line wired directly to their stupid RMA office.

I'm guessing it's the fan bearing that's causing the noise. The issue of noise is subjective but while I'm trying to keep my whole system under 10dBA, this clicking sound (you could almost call it knocking) is very annoying and it actually sounds like somebody is light tapping a screw driver on the panel of the case every 13 seconds.

No, it's actually attributed to the fan controller itself. Yes, some of these unit do or have had this problem but when you sell 150,000 PSU's monthly your going to see some failures of all types no matter the price range, no matter the manufacturer.

This is my 2nd experience with Corsair being the recipient of a faulty new unit; the first one being the Corsair H100i CPU cooler.

I'm not doing any RMA on this product, I'll get my money back. Already canceled my cable kits order from Corsair and unlikely to buy any product from them again.

This is unfortunate. I'm sure if you called CS they would make this right for you. Since it's a new unit they will cover the shipping costs for you both ways and you could even get an advanced replacement. But at the same time I would also let them know that this is the second product you have had trouble with.

Archived