Corsair Community

New H60 out of control temp

Fir3line

Hi, i just bought a H60, mounted it and im getting ridiculous temps.

On my bios it says I have 4200 RPM on CPU fan 1900 on chassis, the cooler was mounted 100% according to the guide, except for the pump direction(it would make contact with my ram, so I changed it tot he tubes on the upper side.

The only thing that concerns me, is that the radiator tubes make contact with my GTX 780, can this be the issue?

my temp is about 55C in the BIOs, and 50 idle.

I turned Furmark on, and it shot up to 100% in 15secs.

My CPU is the 4670k

Asus HM87-plus

Did you mean H87M-plus? Just want to be sure.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87MPLUS/

Things to check would be your backplate. They can only be installed one way that is correct. Also check to see if the block is sitting down flush on the CPU.

That board has four capacitors that are close to the socket. If your hoses are on that side then it will keep the cooling block fro sitting flush on the CPU.

Did you mean H87M-plus? Just want to be sure.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87MPLUS/

Things to check would be your backplate. They can only be installed one way that is correct. Also check to see if the block is sitting down flush on the CPU.

That board has four capacitors that are close to the socket. If your hoses are on that side then it will keep the cooling block fro sitting flush on the CPU.

yes, thats the one, my tubes are on the upper side of the motherboard above the CPU, away from the capacitors.

My backplate seems to be installed correct, I just adjusted the screws on the backplace so they would fit the holes, I was worried at first because the screws with the backplace were a bit lose, but with everything installed nothing moves at all and all seems tight in place.

My backplate seems to be installed correct, I just adjusted the screws on the backplace so they would fit the holes, I was worried at first because the screws with the backplace were a bit lose, but with everything installed nothing moves at all and all seems tight in place.

There are two recesses on the backplate that correspond with the two upper rivet holes on the socket. If the back plate is upside down it will keep the block from sitting down flush. Just something else to double check.

And just to be clear , your system is not overclocked, correct?

There are two recesses on the backplate that correspond with the two upper rivet holes on the socket. If the back plate is upside down it will keep the block from sitting down flush. Just something else to double check.

And just to be clear , your system is not overclocked, correct?

No, i was gonna test the temperatures, let the paste cure for a couple weeks and then try OC.

Explain the backplate stuff more detailed if u could, i might have installed it wrong then.

EDIT: if u mean the little nooks on 2 of the legs, they are both up

EDIT2: After I mentioned paste on this post decided to check on the pumps paste, only a little strip was actually making contact, so I reseated everything, and now with the CPU burner im getting 55C.

Archived