Corsair Community

Link does not report amperage for pepheral and 12V power cource

harryliuusa

Using the new 860i and Link software (installed the USB dongle that came with the PSU)

CPU, external usb HD and Video card seems to report temp with no problem. However, three SATA drives' temp is not showing. Are they supposed to be shown through this software?

There is no amperage usage reported for pepheral and 24pin ATX power source which is most important one to the PSU. How can I dig it out?

I am using Asus Rampage II Extreme, windows 7 64 bit ultimate, the Asus probe It software actually reported every temp and fan rpm that is installed.

The reason of upgrading to this more powerful PSU is that I believe my previous one is low on amperage. Monitoring the voltage and amperage will be more of my concern, but it will be good to see fan speed and temp too.

1830246397_Corsairnoampreport.thumb.jpg.6d9ba4ad730687b1afeced95f88d5f71.jpg

I believe my previous one is low on amperage. Monitoring the voltage and amperage will be more of my concern, but it will be good to see fan speed and temp too.

Well a PSU doesn't just get low on amperage.. You calculate wattage and why LINK does not show amperage. It shows your total system usage as watts. Really it's a moot point anyway since your PSU is a single rail PSU. You don't need to balance connectors if this is what your after. As long as your PSU is greater in watts than what your total system draw is then you should be good to go.

The 24 pin should be the most used one, larger than 12V main I believe.

What do you mean the most used one? It HAS to be used.

It's not supposed to be greater. All computer PSU's are rated to output 12v within ATX spec. That spec is 12v +/- 5% 11.4-12.6v is all that higher you should see. If it is higher or lower than those values, then you need to replace the PSU.

Archived