Corsair Community

AX 1200 i making buzzing noise

RVxSpeed

Hello everyone. this is my first post on this forum. i live in Bangladesh. yes i know poor country with no corsair direct support. anyway i have build a new rig for my self. it's pretty nice. everything is working fine,except the corsair link windows 8.1 issue. anyway enough with the introduction.

my problem is with the psu it self. yes i have gone through every thread regarding noise specifically on this psu. but,i believe mine one is different. i am using an online custom made UPS(by custom i meant it has no brand name on it). it's a 3000va ups. my output frequency shows 51Hz. so,here is the issue. if i plug the psu through the ups the buzzing noise starts. but,if i plug it direct to the main. the noise is eliminated. so, i guess the ups is making the trouble. so,there is nothing you can do about it,i also know that. so,what i am about to ask is, is there anyway to get around of this problem. like installing a power surge protector or anything like that. or changing the ups is the only solution. please note that. Bangladesh is very high on blackout. so,ups is a MANDATORY thing for a PC like mine.

thanks in advance for replying. any sort of suggestion would be helpful. pardon my English mistake(i sometime do it on purpose when joining on a new forum ;):).

& corsair products are awesome :D:

Without knowing what ,make and model, and it's specs besides va rating, it's going to be hard to diagnose. Is it a pure sine wave UPS?

i am so sorry. i can't tell it neither. because,it's a custom made ups. but,it does have an lcd that displays real time voltage input/output,load & frequency in/out.

right now readings are:

voltage input: 221.0

voltage output: 221.0

input frequency: 49.9

output frequency: 49.9

& i believe it's not a pure sine wave ups

I know Corsair recommends pure sine wave for their PSU's, but that should only matter when it's under battery power as far as I know. .

I'm not real versed on the ins and outs out UPS's. So give this a day or so and I hope johnnyguru, the Corsair PSU expert, can shed some light on this for you. If it doesn't get answered by tomorrow, I can try and draw some attention to it.

I know Corsair recommends pure sine wave for their PSU's, but that should only matter when it's under battery power as far as I know. .

I'm not real versed on the ins and outs out UPS's. So give this a day or so and I hope johnnyguru, the Corsair PSU expert, can shed some light on this for you. If it doesn't get answered by tomorrow, I can try and draw some attention to it.

thank you for your response. and i have another question.does this noise have any probability of damaging my psu?

Archived