Corsair Community

watercoolers recall

titan_uk

Hi

I am spec'ing up my Christmas present to me :) from a company here in the UK. I've always liked corsair stuff vengeance memory, psu etc and as a first foray into water cooling picked the h80i. However on contacting the manufacturer I was informed that 'all corsair coolers have been recalled..' and we offer you the Zalman air cooler instead. Except I don't want an air cooler, I want a water cooler!

Could you please enlighten me as to the current situation of your water coolers as I am happy to wait until a fix/replacement has been released.

Regards

Titan

HERE IS THE OFFICIAL RESPONSE TO THIS FROM CORSAIR

In October we received reports from retailers that a small number of H60, H80i, and H100i coolers had leaked coolent in the product packages. We determined that this issue was caused by a manufacturing change which affected specific lots of H60, H80i, and H100i coolers produced between August and September of this year. This specific issue does not occur in coolers outside of the specified models and lot codes. As a precaution, we have recalled all units from the affected lot codes (1332 through 1341) from our dealers and have addressed the issue by implementing more rigid quality controls.

Our test data shows that less than 1% of the overall shipments are affected. Nevertheless, despite this low failure rate, we remain committed to utmost customer satisfaction and will replace any affected units no questions asked. Please contact us immediately at http://corsair.force.com for an exchange.

What manufacturer?

Sorry, there is NO recall on any of Corsair coolers . Can you tell us where you got that information?

When I called to talk to a rep about shipping a new unit out so I don't have to have a down computer, he told me they didn't have any in stock and didn't expect any for a few weeks and that I should call back in 2 weeks!

Don't know what to make of that!

Dave65, I'm assuming you called and talked to a Corsair rep? It's not uncommon for them to simply be out of stock every now and then and when that happens advanced replacements are temporarily unavailable.

I can guarantee you with 100% certainty ,that It has nothing to do with a recall as the OP suggested.

Since he was "offered" a competitors air cooler, he must be dealing with a boutique computer builder.

Dave65, I'm assuming you called and talked to a Corsair rep? It's not uncommon for them to simply be out of stock every now and then and when that happens advanced replacements are temporarily unavailable.

I can guarantee you with 100% certainty ,that It has nothing to do with a recall as the OP suggested.

Since he was "offered" a competitors air cooler, he must be dealing with a boutique computer builder.

Sounds reasonable!

Archived