Corsair Community

Corsair CX750M

XDCBeerMonster

Hi,

I have a problem with my newly purchased Corsair CX750M PSU.

I upgraded my 3yr old 5870 gfx card for a 7970 and decided to upgrade my OCZ 600w PSU for the 750w Corsair.

When I swapped out the PSU the case fans start for approx 1/2 a second the everything shuts down.

I've had a replacement from the store I bought it from and the second unit is doing the same thing. I've swapped the newer PSU out for the older one multiple times and everything is peachy with the older one.

Any ideas?

System:

Asus P7P55D-E Mother Board

i5 oc @4.1 Ghz

8gb Corsair RAM

Asus 7970

x2 SSD

x1 HDD

Thanks for any Advice.

Thanks for the reply.

I've carried out the paperclip test, and the unit starts up when the link is attached.

When the unit is connected to the mobo, same thing happens the PSU and case fans start for a 1/2 second (or even less) and shuts down.

I've checked and re-checked the 24pin ATX & 8 pin CPU connections and they are all the way in and solid.

The PC is working fine with the old PSU unit in. Looking at the spec's between the 2, apart from the power rating, the 750 has "under voltage protection", I was wondering if the unit is sensing some kind of under voltage and shutting itself down. It a new one on me. Why does it need under voltage?

Yeah, i don't understand it myself. Now I'll admit I'm not an electrician and from what I gather the Low Voltage Protection is what keeps your voltage at a steady level no matter the load placed on it. Large loads often cause a spike in power demand ,followed by a sharp drop in voltage. LVP prevents that drop of voltage making sure your components are being fed the voltage they require. Most important for the prevention of data loss..

Now back to the problem at hand...Have you by any chance tried clearing the CMOS? Or removing the battery in the board for 10mins? What about the latest BIOS?

You should be able to save your OC settings as a profile and reload them afterwords. Refer to your owners manual on how to do that.

And please, im not trying to be disrespectful, but if your going to build, maintain, upgrade your own systems, clearing the CMOS is a practice you should get familiar with. It used quite often when troubleshooting or adding new components. Along with keeping your BIOS up to date.

Archived