Corsair Community

AX1200i- Self test green light LED, and Motherboard loop

finalmaxgear

Hello everyone, I bought this PSU, and I did the self test, giving me the green light so everything ok, then I connected the wires to the various PSU (24pin, 12v, sata devices etc) and I turned on the motherboard, result?! motherboard in a continuous loop with no possibility of recovery, it is NOT possible to access even to the BIOS, NO BOOT, now I'm waiting to see what should go into an RMA if the motherboard, CPU or PSU! Everything worked perfectly before! What should I do to see if the PSU is causing the problem?! thanks

Liquid Cooling CPU only!

sorry if there are mistakes, but I'm Italian and I used google translate

Usually that sort of symptom results from a failed overclock.

Try resetting the CMOS and reset your CPU back to defaults. Let us know what happens.

hello, I already did, CMOS, BIOS switch, install new BIOS, everything! but nothing! I tried RAM and GPU are running on another PC! Tomorrow I'll get another CPU (borrowed from friend) to replace the current and see if we burned the motherboard or CPU! I also removed the battery from the motherboard and then after 15min the shed, but to no avail!

I'm having the same issue here. I just received my new AX1200I on Friday. I installed my PSU and it was up and running with no issues for 2 days. Then I woke up Monday morning and my PC was off. I tried to reboot it ran for 2 minutes and then shut off. It continued to try and reboot several times with the PSU turning on and off until a red light on the PSU turned on and it no longer tried to power on and off. I removed all the cables and completed a self test everything was fine. I received a green light and the fan powered on. I reconnected all the cables and tried to reboot and nothing. PC wont boot up it kept power cycling and it wont stay running long enough to get to bios. I have reset my bios to default via bios reset switch and jumper. Still same thing power cycling PSU and no boot up. So I know it's not a failed OC on my system. I'm going to re-install my old 1250 Watt PSU and see if it works tonight. Also my new PSU kit was missing the power cable for Corsair link that goes from the USB dongle to the PSU. Apparently this isn't this first time this has happened. I have created a trouble ticket and left a voice mail for tech support today. will see if anyone gets back to me.

It's funny I have a 1250 watt PSU from a competitor brand I wont mention......And it's ran my system flawlessly for a month. I'm not sure what stupid idea got in my head to replace my PSU with a PSU specifically designed for my I7-4770. I'll be re-installing my old PSU when I get off of work tonight just to make sure it's not my system.

wGuys before you get all ticked off lets clear some things up first....

probably burned my motherboard, ABSURD

I see several people complaining about this new PSU, I wonder how can a PSU of this band (TOP) give huge problems!

Highly unlikely! Chances are the PSU is just bad.

You are also in a support forum where everyone comes to complain. Corsair sells upwards of 150,000 PSU's monthly , so yes, your going to have some failures here and there.. There isn't one PSU manufacturer out there than can boast of a 100% trouble free record. They all have their own issues now and then, so please keep that in mind. It's not about the cost or value , or even quality. It's just the nature of electronics.

@DxTrEm3Fx

t's funny I have a 1250 watt PSU from a competitor brand I wont mention......And it's ran my system flawlessly for a month. I'm not sure what stupid idea got in my head to replace my PSU with a PSU specifically designed for my I7-4770. I'll be re-installing my old PSU when I get off of work tonight just to make sure it's not my system.

The AX1200i weren't specifically designed for the Haswell CPU's. They were out long before those boards hit the market. They are indeed compatible with the Haswell boards because they have been tested and found to be able to conform to the low power sleep states associated with these boards. Just about all of Corsairs PSU's already have a 0amp power rating meaning there has to be very little to no draw on the PSU to switch them on. With the exception of a few models they have been that way for some time now. About two years now.

I know Gigabyte had a bunch of issues with some rigs actually popping PSU's among various other memory,CPU, ect issues. I haven't heard anything about ASUS boards in a while or the Gigabyte boards for that fact. Have either of you run this by ASUS by any chance?

Chances are you both have just got bad units. You can either return/exchange them at your reseller if that is an option. In most cases that would be faster than going through the RMA process.

If that is not an option then please use the link on the left to request an RMA and Corsair will replace both of them. If you guys would like advanced replacements , you'll need to talk to a CS representative to arrange the details and for CC security.

I'm not ticked off, but being able to actually talk to tech support would be nice. I will definitely set up an RMA. I want to make sure that the actual problem is the PSU. I would sure hate to spend all the time on shipping back my PSU and waiting for another one just to have the same result.

And the dumb question. Did you replace the 8 pin from the motherboard? Since as I see on pic it is a mision impossible to change it without removing something else you may have forgot it since it is/should be beneath the cpu cooler.

It may happen that's why I ask since it is well hidden in there.

LOL. Yes I have replaced the 8 pin. Not sure I understand what your talking about. Do you mean did I plug in the 8 pin? Yes I plugged in the 8 pin. And yes it's a bear to get in but yes it was in. I have to remove the top fan and there is enough room to plug it in. I have two 8 pin connections on my MB. It will be on it's way back to Corsair tomorrow.

Archived