Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 and B75 problems?

fenasi

Hello i got msi B75MA P45 (like this thread http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110537)

with last bios and CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (vengeance 4g x2) and version is 8.16 (like this thread http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114823)

I can't use one of my kit. One of them works fine(like now i write this post) Other is gives BSODs in 2 minutes. I checked faulty looking ram on another computer it worked fine with memtest and windows/games etc.

In those thread which i mentioned start of the post people have similiar problems with their same ram and B75 based boards.

So I would ask is there an uncompability with vengeance with nanya chips and b75 but something happened. In reseller we tried another CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 kit with same version. I opened prime95, after that they said it worked fine for 48 hours. So I'm very confused. Now a silly question that is there could be a little uncompability with B75 boards and CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 ver 8.16?

No, I'm the one confused! I looked up the wrong board! So thats the reason I deleted my last post.

Yes, those should be compatible with that MB.

Are you using the XMP profile?

Have you tried to manually set the memory voltage to 1.55-1.6v? This may get them stable. even with the XMP profile selected.

I don't use xmp. Using xmp led to have 7-7-7 or 8-8-8 timings on 1333. I (hopely) would use them later.

My board doesn't have setting between 1.5 and 1.65 and when i set it to 1.65, odd ram survives 3-4 minutes more than i have bluescreens again.

I don't use xmp. Using xmp led to have 7-7-7 or 8-8-8 timings on 1333. I (hopely) would use them later.

Using xmp led to have 7-7-7 or 8-8-8 timings on 1333
.XMP has nothing to do with default speeds. When enabled it should set the meomory to 1600mhz, NOT 1333.

Please go into your BIOS and enable the XMP profile and then post a screen shot of CPUz's memory and SPD tab's. Timings with XMP should be 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz. If they are showing differently we need to figure out why. Your board should not be setting them to CL7 or CL 8@1333mhz. Since the memory runs just fine in another computer, i really suspect you have a bad MB.

Archived