Corsair Community

Corsair SP120 PWM Quiet Ed. vs High Performance Ed.

maxvons

Hi, I recently bought a Corsair H60 2013 ed. cooler, and after installing it, I find that the fan is making a bit too much noise for me :sigh!: It's making a kind of rattling noise, which is quite noticeable at low RPM's. So I decided I'd buy one of the SP120 fans from Corsair, but I noticed that there's two different editions. The quiet edition, and the high performance edition. I'm kinda leaning towards the quiet edition, but will 1450RPM be enough too get good temps under heavy loads when only using one of them? As of now I'm getting about 50 degrees under heavy load with only the stock fan. So, will one quiet edition fan be enough, or do I need the high performance one?

I know. I'm buying them to replace the stock fan that is mounted to the radiator. But there's two different versions of the SP fans - quiet edition and high performance edition. Will 1450RPM be enough to cool my processor under load?

But the fact that both the fans are 4-pin PWM fans, wouldn't that make it possible to lower the High Perfomance Ed.'s speed down to the Quiet Ed.'s speed, or will the Quiet Ed. still be more silent?

I have same problem with my H100i : http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118159

My idea at the moment would be to get high performance edition and turn it down from LINK software. Quiet fans would be absolutely fine but when going for future OC I might need more airflow.

Now my question would be, does basically same fans only with rubber protectors will remove this problem with fans rattling (in my case only when they are on radiator therefore probably some kind of vibration problem) or I might need to look other manufactures products...

I know that SP120-s are highly rated but maybe someone who had similar problem can comment?

Archived