Corsair Community

H100i USB connector Only Works on Original USB Connection

curlysir

Wanted to move the H100i usb cable to another MB connector. When I moved it, the Corsair Link software would no longer show the data from the fans and cooler. The connector has been in use with no problems and I can connect other devices to the connector and it works. If I reconnect to the original MB connector the H100i works correctly. It is like the H100i is programmed to only work with the USB connector that is was installed on and to ignore the others. I have tried plugging the H100i into external usb sockets with adapters and different cables with the same results. It will only work on the original MB connector. I even removed and reinstalled the software with the usb cable connected to the other connector with the same results.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so did you find a solution?

its software related to that port unlike a flash drive or other usb devices that dont ,the link constantly sends/receives so of course it needs a path.

Yes, it needs a path. But there has to be a way to change the path. I need to plug the usb cable into another usb connector but it will only work in the original location.

Will leave it where it is for now. There has to be a way to move it.

Yes, it needs a path. But there has to be a way to change the path. I need to plug the usb cable into another usb connector but it will only work in the original location.

Will leave it where it is for now. There has to be a way to move it.

youll need to remove the software and profiles,hook usb,reboot and install the software.

youll need to remove the software and profiles,hook usb,reboot and install the software.

Ok, will do. I removed the software, but didn't do a complete search for all items. Setting up a new system and got in a hurry. Found a temporary solution until I get everything else loaded. Sure, is a lot of stuff to go through to just move a USB cable:[pouts:

Corsair needs to have a utility to completely remove all traces of their software.

Archived