Corsair Community

550d and installing h100i, will it look as aesthetically bad as I imagine?

lolwatpear

Hi, I currently have the 550d, and recently ordered the h100i which is on its way. Now regardless of whether what I'm thinking is the case or not, I don't care much, but just want to understand this. I was wondering about how the case will look with the h100i installed on the top.

So you have to remove top panel on the case and installed the h100i. From what I can tell, you cannot put the panel back on the case, because the airflow will be far too restricted, correct? My problem is, won't it look stupid having two fans externally in terms of the engineering of this case?

I don't get why corsair didn't either make some kind of mesh panel to at least make it more aesthetically pleasing (to replace the sound damperning one if you optionally want to use a setup like the h100i), or why didn't they design it so that top part was similar to the front panel with the venting going up the sides.

i think it depends on the m/b whether the fans and rad can all go inside

i have a h100I on its way and will be using the same model case and will probably put the rad on top,and just hope the kids dont poke their fingers in it.:(:

i think it depends on the m/b whether the fans and rad can all go inside

i have a h100I on its way and will be using the same model case and will probably put the rad on top,and just hope the kids dont poke their fingers in it.:(:

Yeah, but you still have to remove the top panel, am I wrong? I just don't like the thought of having a dip in the top. I wish they gave something that could replace the dampening panel with a panel that has more airflow.

Yeah, but you still have to remove the top panel, am I wrong? I just don't like the thought of having a dip in the top. I wish they gave something that could replace the dampening panel with a panel that has more airflow.

It sits under my desk so, I don't see/notice the uncovered hatch.

If the thought bothers you that much perhaps you should get an H80i and nearly all the performance of the H100i but with a much easier install, and no need to remove the top hatch.

If I were starting from scratch, that would be my choice.

Good luck.

yes it will have to be removed,im going to make a cover to surround the rad and re-use the magnetic filter

Archived